Speed sensor

kc04

Welding my life away!!!
Ok guys truck seems to run doggy sometimes. Im getting p-500 so i went to stealership and got new sensor for $60. First time out truck the clutch was slippin and truck run like it should. Shortly after and now if im doin 65 and to the floor it feels like truck surges all the way up and check eng light will come on. I can put it back to the floor and it will run better but once it hits 90 or so you can feel it doing it again! Ive got some thing going on in ecm but could this be sensor or possibly ecm. Also if trucks in neutral and i free rev it very slowly it will surge around 1500-2400 the needle will bounce! Idleing its starting to bounce around. tps maybe?

Sounds like a bad ecm to me. What codes do you have? Just the one? If its a bunch of different ones then its the ecm. Just one code.....I dunno about the ecm then. Could possibly be a bad tps....or cps?? If the speed sensor was bad your speedo wouldn't work or would be erratic. My truck had similar behavior, like the tps was getting intermittent signals, was the ecm.

Yeah im getting 1693 whick i know is a companion code and 253 code! 253 is fuel valve circut open. But seems to be consistant with running bad and pour milage! Plus it idles like a monster pump when ac comp kicks on!

Back