Sponsorship

Where you guys thinking about having one in Missouri? Hopefully not to far from St. Louis??

All good advice, the best piece of advice I could give that has helped me the most, and I believe was mentioned above, would be to develop a clean looking professional compressive sponsorship package. Mail it to them, and then follow up in a couple weeks with a phone call to see if they had received your package and discuss it with them at that point or schedule a time that is convenient for them to discuss it. Don’t stop acting like a professional after you get there sponsorship, continue to carry yourself and your crew in a professional positive manner. Do your best to get your sponsors in the public eye and they will reward you accordingly. Remember your developing a professional relationship here one that could benefit you and your potential sponsors for years. Don’t make them look around and search to see what you have done for them but keep them informed throughout the year as to what you have done for them. I send out quarterly BBD News Letters to my sponsors high lighting accomplishments, event results, media releases, schedule changes, and what I am doing to further promote there business. Again you’re developing a professional relationship and it takes some hard work on your part. I have talked to several shop owners who got burned by folks who don’t treat this as professional relationship and I can’t blame them when they have bad taste in there mouth afterwards.

You have good start as you know how to spell the word sponsor :hehe: I get a kick out of the guy’s who start these types of threads and can’t even look into the correct spelling.

Good luck,

BBD

All good responses to the post - remember the sponsors are looking for exposure - number of people who will see their name or product!

Estimated Impressions!

Remember that! Example: You pull at a local pull with 1000 people watching and your photo appears in the local paper with 35,000 circulation. Plus NADM shows your truck on their web site or flyer.
Results: 1000 people watching, 35,000 circulation x 2.5 readership per paper, plus web site views, 25,000 EQUALS = 115,000 impressions!

Marketing companies are looking for numbers- who will see their name?
Even if you trailer your truck going down the highway - how many people estimated will see the side of the truck during a per mile trip?

I know it sounds unfounded but this is how the polls/market companies count their numbers when you see reports on marketing numbers.

That is why a national association gets you more exposure because we have setup national magazines, TV shows, and web sites to cover our events - MORE EXPOSURE!

Now start adding those numbers and tack on what the other guys said and put it on paper - then you have somewhere to start!

Ron

Both of these statements are very well said! Thanks for posting this up.

Scott

Back