Spool valve can YOU help?

SuperiorRam

I've been searching through post after post trying to find out where to get one, who actually builds them, if there still being built, if or if not sdx is still around, if Weston machines them or what?
I can't decide if it's some sore subject to bring up or what
All I know is I want a t-4 spool valve like yesterday

I guess I know bd has one but strait out looks inferior to the pics I've seen of Weston's. I've sent him a pm but like I said I don't know if it's a sore subject or?

IMO, they don't make much of a difference, or more would use them. Demand would also be higher. 2 cents

I'll be getting one. There is also a guy in CF that makes and sells one for about $200 cheaper and I think I am going to run his when I change stuff.

I've been searching through post after post trying to find out where to get one, who actually builds them, if there still being built, if or if not sdx is still around, if Weston machines them or what?
I can't decide if it's some sore subject to bring up or what
All I know is I want a t-4 spool valve like yesterday

Is your manifold divided or non?

Taylor, I wanted to find a spare T4 manifold to chop out the divider to run a spool valve on my 12v with a decently tight A/R s464 billet. Is that how you run them? With no divider? I would think with a divider it would be bad news!

I'm looking for as fast of a spool as I can so I can run a low stall!

Is your manifold divided or non?

I have a header i built now it's the size of a t-6 but drilled for and running a t-3 charger do modifying it for any size is not a problem. Whatever I need to run it will be built to, does it need to be undevided?

Now it's a billet 64/68/14 with a ve
Going to be a race cover 72/74/.90 also have a 1.10 with a 215 built by dpe
In my pro street 1st gen shorty @ 4000#

Last edited:
I'll be getting one. There is also a guy in CF that makes and sells one for about $200 cheaper and I think I am going to run his when I change stuff.

Price 601 Inconel, then you'll see why they are cheaper.

Taylor, I wanted to find a spare T4 manifold to chop out the divider to run a spool valve on my 12v with a decently tight A/R s464 billet. Is that how you run them? With no divider? I would think with a divider it would be bad news!

I'm looking for as fast of a spool as I can so I can run a low stall!

Correct, its going to depend on if u have a divided manifold or not, or if you want to grind out the divider in the manifold. You DO NOT want to run a full divided manifold and fully divided spool valve.

I have a header i built now it's the size of a t-6 but drilled for and running a t-3 charger do modifying it for any size is not a problem. Whatever I need to run it will be built to, does it need to be undevided?

If time is of importance undivided header would be best.

Price 601 Inconel, then you'll see why they are cheaper.

Oh yeah, I know all too well. We made some of the wastegate on the QSK19 out of the stuff a few years back and that was easily the most expensive part. Very cool material to work with though.

What's your price on the spool valve then?
How thick is it?
Do you need an undivided manifold or does the valve make up for it?
The other guy I was talking about said he had a valve to make the gate open slower so drive pressure didnt go up, down, up. Any thoughts on that?

Correct, its going to depend on if u have a divided manifold or not, or if you want to grind out the divider in the manifold. You DO NOT want to run a full divided manifold and fully divided spool valve.

Ideally I would like to run a SteedSpeed, but I am not about to butcher one to see if I like it so I'll probably find something else to test it out with first and it seems to be a hard thing to find used T4 manifolds, but easy to find used ones with a cracked divider anyways.

If you run the spool valve from Weston it will work with a regular divided manifold, the front of the flange is open.

Back