Spool valve mounting pictures

i<3Twins

I currently have a BD diverter valve I want to run on my 12v with an s467. But this valve is massive! I'm just curious to see one mounted and what fits the best. I'm not looking to ditch my a/c. I'd prefer to keep as much factory as possible. I'm currently still running a factory manifold with an t3 to t4 adaptor until funds allow for a mani. Just trying to get an idea

I currently have a BD diverter valve I want to run on my 12v with an s467. But this valve is massive! I'm just curious to see one mounted and what fits the best. I'm not looking to ditch my a/c. I'd prefer to keep as much factory as possible. I'm currently still running a factory manifold with an t3 to t4 adaptor until funds allow for a mani. Just trying to get an idea

leave it off until you can afford a decent manifold, then get a T4 steed straight. It will be a nightmare tying to get a t3/4 adaptor to seal with that hanging off the end of the manifold.

leave it off until you can afford a decent manifold, then get a T4 steed straight. It will be a nightmare tying to get a t3/4 adaptor to seal with that hanging off the end of the manifold.

That might be tight still. A non-competition, angled T4 steed speed with a BD spool valve, and then a s467.7 is going to be pretty damn close to the shock tower and AC junk I'd think.

I'm interested in the same setup, so I'll be sticking around to see how this one fits up!

Shock tower can be changed, and I'm sure the ac lines can bend some. I just want to keep the ac functioning. My thought was a straight t4 steed would probably fit the best opposed to any angled manifold. Bd says in the instructions to flip the angled manifold and run it that way. I'm just looking to see how others are running them.

Alex, i had no intentions on trying to run this thing with a stock manifold and an adaptor. That would just be a cluster haha

Thanks for all the input so far! I figured most people are running Weston's valve but I grabbed the bd on a good deal.

I know you can get custom flex lines made for AC through Parker, but they run about $120 per line. It depends on if you want both lines to the can, or everything.

Did you consider running a s376 to save space?

And you can definitely make delete shock tower caps, but then you have to run smaller shocks... Kind of a bummer. Hell, it might be worth getting those mounts (or making) that are made for dual shocks and only using them. Then cap the normal tower, and have front shocks that are extremely easy to swap!

I figure if I go back to an s300 fame it would just be a box 66 or something along those lines. Can't say I've looked into a s376 before. Somewhere down the road I would like to do a compound setup, unless I find a single I like. I think I will enjoy this s400 if I ever get around to getting the valve on.

I like your thought on the dual shock mount idea, cost wise I can see just making flush mount towers and sizing up a shock.

I would think you would be real close to the frame at that point. I ran a 67 with westons flange and a t4 angled comp steed and its close to the frame. Then the compressor outlet becomes an issue as well.

On the Ac front, it will be the dryer that makes routing a PITA

I used a stainless t3 manifold, 1" gate plate, BD t3-t4 spool valve, with a standard cover s400. It was a tight fit and I had to trim part of the shock tower to clear the compressor cover. It worked and sealed up great.
image_zpsf6c96680.jpg

Last edited:
[ QUOTE=Ghostman;2378832]You have a spacer or spool flange in that setup or turbo straight on manifold?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Spool flange.

[ QUOTE=Ghostman;2378832]You have a spacer or spool flange in that setup or turbo straight on manifold?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spool flange.[/QUOTE]

How thick is it?

Thx very much. Is there any way you can get a picture of the exhaust manifold near the air conditioning lines thanks?

Thx very much. Is there any way you can get a picture of the exhaust manifold near the air conditioning lines thanks?

Yeah I'll call the fiancé and see if she will grab some pics for yal tonight. Hold on a couple mins.

Back