Squishy front end.

Timbeaux

Administrator and Head Thread Derailer
Buddy of mine has a new LMM. He added 20's wrapped in 35's and lift keys. Now the front end is "squishy" as he describes it. every time he hits a bump, he gets a lot of travel up and down before it smooths back out. Can he just adjust the preload on the torsion bars to stiffen it back up?

TIA

Tim

Stock I assume... He need some stiffer ones?

Shocks dampen the compression/rebound of the suspension. I'd assume they are no longer doing anything if you have a bucking condition. Maybe they weren't long enough for his lift and he blew something internally?

definitely needs better shocks if he is running tires that big. that and 35's arent the most low profile tire out there
all adjusting torsion bars will do is lift or lower truck,

35's with just keys ? How in the world does he turn ? He most likely needs longer shocks if not a 4" lift (just guessing on his trimming), some cognito pitman/idler braces to control the roll of the centerlink, and something to reinforce the tie rods if he hasn't already. That's a lot of weight for the stock pieces to be handling with only a key lift Tim.

How does he fit 35's under the front with only 2-2 1/2 inches of lift. Most i have ever seen is 33's. And does he just have the torsion keys and nothing else. :badidea:

Back