ST80 Turbo from Forced Induction

BigYellowIron

Diesel Tech
Is there anyone running one of these chargers? I am wanting to drop the twins and run a single for pulling.

If you are running one of these what mods are done to the truck. I'm trying to decide if this is the one I want.

My knowledge on single chargers is very limited. I have never ran a large single.

Will this charger be able to light at all on the street for the occasional trip thru town.

Thanks
Adam

Will this charger be able to light at all on the street for the occasional trip thru town.

Depends if your town has any stop signs or stop lights, if not, just keep the rpms up!:hehe:

Sorry, not much help, sounds way to big to try and street it. I'm sure it would put on a nice smoke show...

Probably will light somewhere in the 2800-3200 rpm area, so I wouldn't say it would be real streetable.

So is anyone running this charger? Trying to deside between this one or a GT4202.

i know the dmax can run the 4202 as a single... though they do have displacment on their side and can get away running it as a DD. there is a another dmax in MN? the runs a S480 as a single DDs it as well.. along with 4000-4500rpm shift points.

4202 would be easier then a 80mm to DD since it is smaller

Even a 4202 isn't that friendly to daily drive on a 12valve, but it can be done.

Back