Stacking of SSR and Edge Juice?

Mr. Valvetrain

Engineer
Surprisingly, I couldn't find a previous post directly addressing this combination. I suppose it could be buried in one of the 100 page deep threads out there, but either way, search didn't find it.

Has anyone had experience with stacking an SSR and a Juice w/ Attitude? Do they play nice, any drivability issues? My primary interest at this point is eliminating the torque management and squeezing out some more engine speed - things my Juice won't do. I do not want to eliminate the Juice as it has too many nice features that the SSR can't provide. FYI, truck in question is an 04.5, so EFI Live isn't an option (yet).

sounds like a horrible idea... perhaps use the gauges on the edge but no programming, the SSR is more tuning that you'll ever need

Ditto...

Juice sucks....and will burn down your truck with optimistic Attitude readings.

I did Just that and this is what happens!!! lol

So, NO... Don't do it!! LOL

920a730b.jpg

92fc0886.jpg

7cde181c.jpg

Gents,

Thanks for all of the replies, but it appears no one read the actual question. :)

sounds like a horrible idea... perhaps use the gauges on the edge but no programming, the SSR is more tuning that you'll ever need

I agree the SSR has tons of tuning options, and if tuning options were my sole purpose, I wouldn't want to stack, one way or the other. However, as I'd mentioned, at this point I solely wish to take advantage of two of the SSRs attributes. With my compound TC's airflow potential, some more engine speed would be wonderful.

Ditto...

Juice sucks....and will burn down your truck with optimistic Attitude readings.

I'd have to argue this. I've run my truck for 3 years on the Juice and nothing has burnt down and it has worked great. And before the assumptions start, the truck is FAR from stock. And perhaps there is some merit to the lack of accuracy of the Attitude monitor, or maybe ther isn't. Can any one back it up with data?

More is not always better. haha

The only more I'm after is engine speed and the elimantion of the "feature" called torque management.

I'm not attempting to be rude here guys. I was just looking to see if anyone had done it, and short from asking the engine to something it could not do and try anyhow, how did it work in specific reference to ONLY increasing engine speed and eliminating the torque management?

version 1.6 is rumored to have rpm selectable option..... more rpm as much as you have rocks to select.

Back