stacks and 5er

yamaman

Hey everyone just wondering, I have ordered a dual 6" stacks kit and now got to thinking about clearence with my 5er? I use a B&W turnover ball with the companion which seems to set the hitch back alittle bit more then a standard fifth wheel hitch but am curious on how tight I am going to be able to turn? The truck is a 2006 F-350 CC SB. Anyone have any expereince with this?

I don't think you will have any problems with clearance, but the stacks might turn the front of your trailer black

ya not worried about the black trailer lol. It washes off. I only tow in stock tuning anyways, so there won't be much soot coming out. Thanks

When I make a tight turn with the 5er the nose of the trailer hits my CB antennas so you may run into some issues in tight quarters.

I dont think you will have any problems clearing them, but if you are like me and running straight pipe you won't be able to hear yourself think. It'll be LOUD!!!

I am getting the mufflers to just slip into the stacks if needed it will be straight for now, also looking at maybe doing a electric cutout with just a muffler then dumped for when I tow

I wouldn't want to run the stacks while towing... even with mufflers...

and even with stock tuning, it's still going to turn the trailer black :eek:

You might want to think twice about the clearance with the companion, and stacks, my ball is about an inch to the rear of the centerline of the axle, and i have it set all the way back, and with a 15" pinbox extender, it will still come REALLY close to the cab, granted mine is a dodge, but they are still both shortbeds...

if you need more clearance with a 5-er take a look at this:
etrailer.com | Fifth Airborne Sidewinder Comparison Video

That looks like a good option if it is needed. Does it have 2 pivot points? or does it somehow lock in the kingpin to the fifth wheel so the only pivot is at the trailer?

it has a wedge welded behind the kingpin to where it limits how much it will piviot on the 5th wheel (Like 10*) and it piviots at the pin box (just above your tailgate ish)

That should work if I do end up with clearence issues. Thanks for the link and info man much aprreciated

hey apocalypse do you have the companion and sidewinder? Just found out they don't recommend the sidewinder with the companion. I am tihnking just because reese makes the sidewinder which is there competition. Thanks

Back