Stalls in drive

jaime355

Six Slow
My 06 with a 48re was fine, I went to stop and it's acting like a manual coming to a stop with the clutch out. It runs completely normal and then when I put it in gear it tries to go but stalks because I'm on the brakes, like I said like a clutch that's not disengaging, any ideas? Thanks for the help

It has randomly shifted too soon, at least that is what I thought. For probably a year now it would every once in awhile seem to go into OD way to early or maybe the converter was locking up? It seemed to do it more when towing or if the truck idled for awhile. I am trying not to buy a converter and find out that's not the problem.i was told when I bought the truck that it has a rev max converter in it.

Time for a rebuild or at least a band adjustment. Do you have a TQ lock up switch? Mine will start to stall if I forget it's on, then it's a mad slap at the switch! If you don't check the Lock up wire for a short to ground. First wiggle the harness a lot see if that makes it run again in drive. If not do a test on the wire for ground.

Back