Stallspeeds?

obben666

What are your Stallspeed?

Step on the brake and post it here!

Maybe list the brand and what your using it for(drag,pull,tow) and how it works out for the specific use too?

I have an ATS TripleLock @ 2300 rpm Smarty and 28 psi boost

You mean full throttle and full brake without the truck moving? If so, 1650 and 0psi.

brandon.

joefarmer said:
You mean full throttle and full brake without the truck moving? If so, 1650 and 0psi.

brandon.

Yep, thats what I mean!
What TC do you have? (89%,91%,93%) DTT I suppose..

0 Psi... did you remove the GT42 when you did the test??:hehe:
Is it really that laggy?

Can you say coaltrain?:rockwoot:

i had my converter built about 200 more rpm than stock. but i hit about 1800 and the tires go up in smoke. i can really stand on it and go higher but i don't have billet parts in my tranny. i had my converter made by a guy in upstate new york. triple disk built to my specs, 750 bucks. i thought it was a deal.

Yep. The convertor is too tight to allow it to spool before it stalls out. That's why I spray a small shot on the line. If you watch the videos, you can see when I start feeding it nitrous. I think it would work much better if it had a loose triple disk, but now that I'm having a custom charger built, I can use the tight DTT.

rbandon.

opie talked me into getting a looser converter and i am sure glade he did.

If I remember correctly my numbers are:

2500 rpm and 35 psi boost , with stock converter

Probably nothing you can do about it, but if you can pull back the timing at the lower RPM's, it will climb onto the charger alot easier.

I raced 2 different trucks with "big chargers" GT42r's, one was nearly impossible to stage, and one staged too easy. Oddly enough, the one that was easy to stage actually had the bigger compressor wheel of the two. Both ran about the same MPH (~115), so actual power was similiar. Both had the same turbine hsg.

The biggest difference was tuning. Both had the same converter.

At least with the Dmaxes, we do not really have a stall speed. It is more than 3000rpm at 475hp but we walk through the brakes at about 2500.

We did a few "unlocked" 1/4mi passes, and the tach never fell below 3000.

joefarmer said:
Yep. The convertor is too tight to allow it to spool before it stalls out. That's why I spray a small shot on the line. If you watch the videos, you can see when I start feeding it nitrous. I think it would work much better if it had a loose triple disk, but now that I'm having a custom charger built, I can use the tight DTT.

rbandon.

Have you pulled with that TC and that turbo?

What stall would you prefer with your GT42 for pulling/dragrace?

no. I hate pulling because it breaks too many parts. You can see how quick it spools when I do the brake stand in the beginning of the september 4th burnout video- it takes about 4-5 seconds to get it lit.

I'd like it to be 21-2200 with the GT42, but I know that's not happening.

brnadon.

Don't know...I'll have to try it when I get the GT4088R on there. Hopefully this weekend, but it doesn't look like my parts are gonna make it!

Chris

Back