startin' mods

strokin'_tatsch

Death Row Inmate #7
i just wanted some of ya'lls opinions. what should be my FIRST mod, second mod, and so on up to the point of needing injectors. keep in mind i'm 16 and have a limited budget. thanks in advance:rockwoot:

1: Guages
2: Intake Exhaust
3: Chip
4: Torque Converter( If trusk is an Auto)

Thats a good place to start.

first mods i did on my 97 was 3"DP & 4" exhaust no muff, exit in front of rear tire. airfilter(made my own tymar).
made a nice whistle

my truck is a 5sp. manual. 1 question. i hollowed out the cat. converter and the muffler. there is nothing in them. should i still need another exhaust or can i wait until i can get some 5" miter cut stacks? i just got a new clutch,pressure plate, and single mass flywheel. got the LUK setup. and the tranny just got reworked.

Get you a chip.. Gauges are overrated as long as you dont tow or run with your foot on the floor for too long :woohoo:

yeah i've been lookin' at them but i don't know which one would do the best on an OBS psd. any ideas?

best way to go is with a 6pos custom tuned chip
shoot me a pm i will give you a good price on one
robert

yeah if it was me i would...

cheapo exhaust system (I paid like $280 for mine including down pipe, later on ended up adding an resonator pilfered off a Mack and a Silverline tip that Ryan Bean gave me for free)

then a cheapo intake (I got my filter from napa, >$35 plus a 4" 45 degree exhaust pipe and a bandsaw to shorten it w/)

then a 6 pos. chip... I got mine from Bean's and I'm very happy with it

Gauges are good to have, but unless you haul crazy weight you should be fine w/ stock injectors.

Then a clutch when your old one goes up

Then dual HPOP's, 530's, big DIIC, headstuds, and a ginormous turbo

stay away from the big names like Banks, Edge, ect... they just don't have it going on for the PSD

well i am gonna be haulin a 3 horse slant goosneck horse trailer with living quarter with 3 horses loaded quite a bit. i want stacks but i don't know if i should since i will be haulin' horses a lot.

I've got a superchips programer in my 95. I tryed stacking 2 edge and it made no difference on the dyno.

Back