Starting build on Blue

For 700hp, the large turbine S400 is overkill by a good amount, smaller turbine with a 75mm compressor would be wise. A 68mm turbine in a 0.80AR(14cm) would be a better fit for secondary sizing, and I would agree to not drop compression and stay around 700hp.

I'm trying to hit the 800-850hp range. Currently I'm running a 62/65 .70 over a 80/88 1.32. I know the 65 .70 is tight, but what are your thoughts on the 1.32 housing on the 80mm for this hp range? The 80 is actually an ETR 80/~115.

I'm trying to hit the 800-850hp range. Currently I'm running a 62/65 .70 over a 80/88 1.32. I know the 65 .70 is tight, but what are your thoughts on the 1.32 housing on the 80mm for this hp range? The 80 is actually an ETR 80/~115.

Need a larger turbine wheel on the secondary, I wouldn't mind seeing a 1.10AR housing on it, but it is rather cost prohibitive.

Last edited:
Need a larger turbine wheel on the secondary, I wouldn't mind seeing a 1.10AR housing on it, but it is rather cost prohibitive.

Yeah, I'll probably go to a 63/68 later on. But I want to run the 62/65 for a while for comparison (the journey's as important as the destination). I wouldn't mind trying a 1.10 if I could find one that would fit my current turbo. But swapping out to a new turbine and etc, is a little out of budget for now.

Just trying to get it right first time to avoid failures in things that could have been avoided and were skipped.
Ok so new list of things

Fuel
-Schied Benched 160 (500cc)
-Airdog 165

Rear end
-new 3.54 ring and pinion for dana 70 replacing factory 4.10
-trac bars

Air
-twins box s362 (62/71/12) over s475 or s480
-Stainless D 1 piece mani or steed (like one piece manis)

Engine
-o ring head
-Injectors 5x.016
-Hamilon cam
-Arp 425's
-Hamilton valve springs with billet retainers and locks
-Hamilton push tubes (If needed)
-fluidampr (changing cam, why not)

Tranny
- full built Garmon diesel (47rh)

Looking better guys? And I like the s475 idea but just was not sure if it would have gotten me to my goals. What is difference on the push tubes in these 12v's and cr's? I know in cr's I have seen them bend and everything else stock or with just a programmer. Thank you for all the input so far fellas

I'd go smaller on the secondary. You're DDing it and towing, spool up is what you're after. Go with a HE351 and the primary of your choosing. Oversize the internal gate, go external if it still isn't enough. Be cheaper and more responsive.

Thank you for all the input. updates soon! Tranny will be going in this weekend fresh from Jeff.

Listen to smokem, he knows his chit...

smartest thing said on this thread so far..

oh and subscribing...

to the original poster..

im going for the exact same goals you are.. and whats funny is that my truck and yours are IDENTICAL in color scheme.. except mines a 4x4 5 speed....

Last edited:
Sorry guys have not been on to update thread in few weeks. Tranny is in and it is perfect. Could not be happier. Build is still a go just going to take a little longer now. Its been put on the back burner for the yellow commonrail for now. Trying to pull motor in it and get it done before the race season starts up. Only new updates beside tranny is I just orders some fuel 22x9.5 matte black hostages for it and toyo proxes. Ill update with pictures when they get here.

I pulled a 42 foot gooseneck with 2 mud trucks from Tampa fl to Georgia and back on the nitto 420's with 22" rims. They didn't like it much but they were fine, I pulled my mud truck to many events on a gooseneck with them and never had a problem. FWIW

Back