stay with SCS 35 spline for now or go to haisley 37's?

red dodge2

well i broke one of my SCS axles last weekend. it is a 35 spline, broke it right in the center of the shaft. i running 6 315/75/16 BFG AT tires all the way around. now my question is do i spend $450 on one SCS shaft or quit and save up some money and put haisley 37 splines in? ive read on here about the haisley shafts vs the SCS but im trying to decide something quick so i can have it a SDX next weekend. help me make a decision. thanks!

How badly do you want to pull?

pretty bad, been planning on taking it ever since last year was over. but i dont wanna waste money on another axle if its just gonna break again. What i've been reading the haisley 37's are pretty much not breakable. and for What SCS wants for one axle if nuts!

pretty bad, been planning on taking it ever since last year was over. but i dont wanna waste money on another axle if its just gonna break again. What i've been reading the haisley 37's are pretty much not breakable. and for What SCS wants for one axle if nuts!

Haisleys break, I was thinking Overmyer has broke several of them, and I think others have as well.

ya i talked to brandon and he said there was 3 guys that have broken them and he was one of them. so what do i do? Dan you know anywhere that i can get an SCS axle maybe a little cheaper?

Only having having 3 guys break them is a good record in my books. Why spend your money on something that you know you are breaking already?

ya i talked to brandon and he said there was 3 guys that have broken them and he was one of them. so what do i do? Dan you know anywhere that i can get an SCS axle maybe a little cheaper?

I don't, I wonder if you just put the SCS in the left one, and put a stocker in the right. LOL

Only having having 3 guys break them is a good record in my books. Why spend your money on something that you know you are breaking already?

Yea but I think Overmyer broke a few sets, as well as one of the other guy that I thought had broke more than one as well. Another reason I see the current 2.6 dieing out.

so what do i do? SCS or wait and put 37's in?

How bad do you want to hook? I think it is a matter of time before you break the 35's. Actually in talking with CTM, he said all axles will break when you stress them. The good ones will just last much longer.

We have a truck that twisted a set pretty bad. He also broke a carrier cap and it actually bent the shaft a little in the middle. One of the axles is still in the truck with a little twist in it, but the other one had to be replaced

Get an open carrier, a set of 37 spline side gears. Buy one 37 spline axle, put one 37 spline side gear in the carrier. Then use your 35 spline axle on the passenger side. I am guessing you broke the drivers side?

looks like im ordering 37 splines from haisleys tommorow

Buddy of mine just ordered a set from them and they showed up being SCS axles. I believe SCS, Brannik, and CTM all have supplied them with axles. Let us know what you get. I'd say it got to do with which company has them available.

Buddy of mine just ordered a set from them and they showed up being SCS axles. I believe SCS, Brannik, and CTM all have supplied them with axles. Let us know what you get. I'd say it got to do with which company has them available.

Yes, I believe your correct, it used to be CTM, and CTM had said they hadn't sold any for quite sometime, then he said he started shipping them to them again.

I have a open carrier with 37 spline side gears for sale. It's unwelded so you can do what you want with it. If your interested

Back