steed speed exhaust manifold or stainless

This is for the CR guys, turbo in stock location.

VERY excited, BUT the 6.7 HE351ve, VGT turbo is approximately 1" farther forward then the HE351cw is on the 5.9 CTD. Of course, they also use a different flange.

So does the manifold in the pic fit the 5.9 or 6.7 CR ??

MORE PIX PLEASE!!!

Different flanges will be available like normal, the manifold will only accomodate one position. But its being setup for a vgt on this one. Just like with all things a little give and take is needed.

Different flanges will be available like normal, the manifold will only accomodate one position. But its being setup for a vgt on this one. Just like with all things a little give and take is needed.

OK, thanks for clarifying...so if I am hearing you correctly, this new SteedSpeed manifolddesign is for the VGT on a 6.7 CTD,
which means it will ALSO work on those of us who are going to take the VGT turbo from a 6.7 and mount it on a 5.9...this popular conversion uses the turbo and manifold from a 6.7 CTD and the turbo downpipe from a 5.9 he351cw (non VGT) to be be a plug n' play upgrade for the 5.9 CTD.

HOWEVER, it sounds like this WON'T work for those running a stock turbo on a stock 5.9 CTD, unless Lane also makes one with the flange a little farther back on the new manifold. If he wants, I could get him a measurement, as I have BOTH the manifolds form a 5.9 and a 6.7 motor, awaitng my conversion, and have already laid them out for measurements.

MORE PIX PLEASE (am I repeating myself???....lol)

If you were going off the stock measurements from both manifolds exactly, that might be a true statement.

This is the first prototype, if things need to be changed it can be in a few minutes. After the flange is welded up and the manifold comes back from coating more pictures will be posted.

Last edited:
If you were going off the stock measurements from both manifolds exactly, that might be a true statement.

This is the first prototype, if things need to be changed it can be in a few minutes. After the flange is welded up and the manifold comes back from coating more pictures will be posted.

Yup that's what I am going by and it is a true statement for a direct "plug n' play" swap without the need for any intake or exhaust tubing mods.
Looking forward to the pix.

Yup that's what I am going by and it is a true statement for a direct "plug n' play" swap without the need for any intake or exhaust tubing mods.
Looking forward to the pix.

We are missing eachother

But this manifold is not being built solely for the guys wanting to "plug and play" with a vgt. As the market for that is even slimmer, most on here dont feel thats a upgrade anyway and would rather stay away from the vgt turbos to a extent.

The new steed will be closer to the 5.9 dimensions than the 6.7 dimensions and will probably stay that way.

Back