Steed speed vs ats three piece

Badbrad3701

Borrowed Money
Was wonder if it would be worth the money to witch from my ats t4 to a steed speed just wondered if anyone had any info on this.

Yea its worth it. Eventually the ATS is going to crack in the center section. I have 2 laying here now that are. 1 ran 3 times and broke. Steed is a better product by far

^ This, ats manifolds are prone to cracking. We welding one up with multiple cracks last season only because the steed was on backorder.

As far as hp gain goes, I'd say it depends on your build and what mods you have. On a high performance application I've been told 20-40hp but thats by word of mouth and I dont have dyno sheets to back that up. Take it for what its worth. Just my .02

Any hp gain ?

I would like to think so. Scheid I think said they were good for 30 HP but I don't know first hand. We switched both trucks over because I wasn't paying $500 for another cast door stop to break and ad to the collection.

K going on my 2.5 truck think I should go with the competition on or the angled on

Either one would work for 2.5, but obviously the competition maifold without the 45 degree ange will flow better. In 2.5 I think the angled manifold would suffice but if you have future plans on going 2.6 it might be worth the extra $

^ This, ats manifolds are prone to cracking. We welding one up with multiple cracks last season only because the steed was on backorder.

Weighted 2 1/2 months for my custom steed. I wont look at any other option, still. " coming from a CR guy..

Last edited:
I've been told by a few people to get a steed hands down. Just ordered mine can't wait to get it on the truck. I went with the stock angle should be a nice addition to the ws/2.5 truck

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

What about power source

What about power source they have a 3 piece manifold that they say is made for the ports of the 12v (square) unlike others made for round. I don't know about how long they last but was looking what manifold to buy as well.
steed speed, ats, source who's is best matched as far as flow rates and ability to move air?

Every manifold you buy for a 12v has the square ports 24v manifolds have round ports. I am pretty sure every company makes them with either port.

What about power source they have a 3 piece manifold that they say is made for the ports of the 12v (square) unlike others made for round. I don't know about how long they last but was looking what manifold to buy as well.
steed speed, ats, source who's is best matched as far as flow rates and ability to move air?

I replaced my htt manifold with a diesel power source one and its taken a beating for over a year and its still going strong. It still has almost all of the high temp coating left on it from the factory. But its still not in the league of a steed.

If I remember correctly and my eyesight was right, both the Dillard boys trucks run ats 3 piece. Looked like a custom made center piece, but I was surprised to see the ats on their trucks due to flow comparisons that I've been told.

I'll be the odd one out here and say I've got my Ats t3 over 2 years ago and it still even has mostly all the paint still on it. I think having a manifold blanket actually helps though, despite what one might think about blankets.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Anyone ever consider a stainless diesel manifold? That's what my next one will be in t4 to match my twin kit.

Anyone ever consider a stainless diesel manifold? That's what my next one will be in t4 to match my twin kit.

I've seen a few and to be quite honest I would take a ATS over one of them. For the same money you can have a steed. I wasn't impressed at all with the stainless one they look like a stocker at first glance

Steed Speed is the ****z, but might be a little wait time.

Back