Steed with compounds

TheBigNasty

Project bish
Anyone with experience lend some insight on the steed with compounds? I've been back and forth between a t4 straight wg, or no wg and adding one to the turbine housing. Now I see they have an upwards angle one with offset wg specifically for compounds with wg. Is it a performer, or would I be better off with a straight flanged?

How about adding a wg to a straight one, but only on the back 3 cyl?

Also, when would a person want to look into the "comp"?

This will be on a 5.9 cr, planning on s300/400, but that also may change after a season or two.

Do the one with the wastegate I didnt how i kick myself and told myself I should have going to have one put in now

I have a t4 with the gate on the opposite side (so its facing up when you flip the manifold). Idk how I'm gunna for my ht4b with that manifold. I was thinking a straight manifold would give you more room.

I'm using a angled t4 (upside down) that came with the old style port, but I'm in the process of capping it off and using separate gates on each bank. I dont know 100% what to expect, but I feel like it will allow more options in the long run.

I had a small clearance issue with it flipped up, mostly because of the big radius hot pipe. But again I feel like the flipped up manifold will allow more options later on because it opens up a lot of room that can be used for a more free flowing set up over a normal angled or even straight setup.

Last edited:
I think the regular t3 manifolds have done 1000hp, I don't know what you're going for, but the comp is pretty extreme.

My 97 when I bought it had a set of twins built with a t4 straight steed speed manifold and it was packed pretty tight (BW62 over a s475). So when I upgraded the primary to a bigger charger (GT47) I ended up having to get a spacer to make the secondary charger clear the primary. If I were you I would go with the angled flange if your planning on a typical over under style.

Attachments

• 20150325_154824.jpg
    20150325_154824.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 20150327_153612.jpg
    20150327_153612.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 0
Back