Steering Box

BigPSD

Does anyone know of any aftermarket boxes for an 05. I have an 8" lift and 38"s. I keep blowing up the stock box. Any help would be great.Thanks

Ya i know i should, the thing is the last box lasted 2 years, then it blew just because a bolt from the lift kit over time rattled one of the head of the bolts off. So i took into the shop to get my headgaskets done and they covered the box thru warrenty. That was only 2 months ago and now it has a "dead spot". I can turn the wheel from 11 o'clock to just past 12 and nothing happens to the front wheels, also when i turn left, and come back to between that spot and then turn it up to 12 u can feel kinda a "lump", kinda feels like both tires are finally going straight. The dealer said that they couldnt get all the air out of the system when they changed it and ever since they changed it, it was really hard to turn(maybe they didnt even put a new box in?). Should i just get a new OEM box and see if that one last longer. Pretty much wanna go as cheap as possible seeing how im gonna get a 08 soon.

Last edited:
AGR makes a gearbox, it has lower gear ratios in it to help with larger / heavier tire/wheel setups... i have one in mine and have been very happy, now the power steering box on the other hand.... my gearbox is ported for hyd. but I'm too busy to get to it. i've had the hoses and cylinder for like 7 or 8 months now.

thanks for the reply guys. Figured out what it was, where the drag link connects to the pit arm is done, tons of play...

Back