Steering sticking

Ackerdiesel

I have searched on this issue but found nothing. A little background, truck sat in the shop for a little over a month without moving while I sourced parts and rebuilt the trans. Now the truck sticks once you steer to a certain point like the steering is hanging. No ps pump whine, the ps pump is full of oil. Pulled steering stabilizer and it didn't change anything. Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

Ryan

Ball joints will cause that. My truck did that and every steering part was new besides the pump

Mine did that and turned out to be the steering box, jack the truck up and unhook the steering linkage from each wheel and manually turn the tire by hand and make sure its not binding at the spindles first.

I chased that prob a while ago do it steer but acks like it sticks or catches so constintly correcting it . Mine it was the tilt knuckle in steering coulum catching for some reason i just change coulum out fixed prob. To test undo knockle fastaner under dash and turn wheel and see if it binds DO NOT TURN MORE THAN A TURN OR SO FOR YOU WILL BRAKE THE CLOCK SPRING.

Back