Steering still sucks

Also have the third gen steering box on my truck.

Probably one of the best improvements to the truck. I'm not sure if anyone is offering them or not..

The 3rd gen box has a quicker ratio than the second gen. This makes a big difference in how the truck responds to little inputs. If you do get a second gen box, I THINK redhead offers a quicker ratio box. You may consider it.

I put a borgeson steering box, borgeson steering shaft, DSS, and a third gen track bar on my 02. Vast improvement.

I suspect the steering box was the bigest improvement. It has a slightly quicker ratio, but actually takes less effort to turn. The stock gear box, would get hard to turn after a couple 1/4 mile passes, when hard on the brakes at the end.

I bought everything from Rip at Source Automotive.

Paul

Whats involved with that? Thx

Unbolting the old one and putting the new one on. Do a search on 4th gen steering upgrade on google - lots of info on cumminsforum. You will need a 4th gen steering stabilizer or some have modified theirs to work with a clamp. Shop around, some dealerships want a fortune, I paid about $230. I think $250 is a deal now though. It replaces both tie rods and you can use your existing pitman. The parts are HUGE - very beefy and a T setup which is better on tire wear.

i went thru the same stuff on mine. I replaced everything but the box and shaft. That will be the next thing to do.. I saw a huge improvement with the bd shaft stabilizer I installed. I wish this truck steered and stopped as well as my 05 3500 did!

Back