Steering upgrades

explosives87

powder monkey
I looking to upgrade my steering on my 01 would like to know what mods you guys have done. I was looking to upgrade my steering to the T steer set up and a steering box brace.

this is what is done to the '01 i just purchased

DSS Steering Brace
Thuren Crossover Steering
Thuren track bar

With the thuren cross over set up that you just bought do you have any pictures of that set up and do you have to drill out your knuckles on your axles or on your drag link.

find the member by the name of Bgbldodge on here it was his truck it was already done before i purchased the truck he actually did the work.

Yes, for sure do the crossover steering, as for the bar, thuren stuff is the sh!t, I have don's track bar on my truck and its awesome

sent from my cellular deevice using Tapatalk

Yes you have to drill the knuckles and pitman arm. Takes all of 30 minutes. The end links on the bar along with the track bar are just as tight as they were when I put em on 3-4yrs ago and the alignment hasn't changed since then either.

I put a dual steering stabilizer, heim joint sway bar end links, steering box brace and third gen adjustable track bar. All seemed to help a lot, but the track bar was, by far the best upgrade of all.

I just got a borgeson steering box and shaft put on mine along with steering box brace and 3rd gen adj track bar but I haven't driven it yet.

upgrade to a 3rd gen style track bar!!! do that first

DT pro fab makes a very nice kit as well

Put my Borgeson box on a buddies 01 and it came up with a popping noise a couple of weeks later. No idea what it is yet. Called Borgeson and they said they'd never heard of anything like that.

As far as how it works, he loves his truck again, just wish we could get rid of the popping.

Back