Steering wheel.

97singlecab

My steering wheel is starting to come apart and loose all its foam and its time for a replacement. Are there any aftermarket options available any one on here has tried? If so where did you get it?

We put a grant on my dads truck, really nice wheel. Not sure which model can grab a pic if you want.

I put one on my drag truck. Its a weeee bit small so id go for bigger than the norm youd find at the parts store. I cant remember if i used an adapter or not as ive slept and drank since then.

Not mine, my friend Sam's:

l_f9903417d7b44f779fb32251902d934e.jpg

l.jpg

He removed the nut from the stock wheel and welded it to the grant adapter.

But in another thread it was mentioned that:
If you want to do a Grant steering wheel in a 2nd gen installation kit #4320. I just did one in my 99 Dodge it has the same splines as my 92 Dodge. Kit fits 88-92 Dodge, Chrysler.

Cool, I'm planning on putting a Grant in mine, just looking for somewhere else to mount my cruise buttons.

so thats the next question, how about cruise controls?

Sorry its not the best, if you want some clearer ones pm your cell number, it got fuzzy when I tried to make it alil bigger on here.

The clock spring sits below the steering wheel. The 4320 adapter will not fit on the steering wheel shaft with the clock spring. The instructions mention a spacer but the one in my kit is only 1/8" thick.

Southtx12valve, the air bag is part of the oem steering wheel. Do not remove until both batteries are diconnected.

Last edited:
Back