Steve Price memory book NHRDA Finals

rmridgway

Hello everyone: I am new to this forum. I understand Steve Price "Bricks" used to participate frequently on this site so hopefully some of the people who knew him will see this post. I raced with Steve in the NHRDA and got to know him and his wife. He had a broad reach in the diesel community, both in person and online so I am hopeful by posting here I can reach the most people possible. I will be racing in Sportsman at NHRDA World Finals and am hoping to gather stories and pictures from folks that raced with Steve and knew him to put together in a memory book for his wife, Gail. If people will be at Finals, please come find me (in the pits...black CCLB 2001 F350) or Mikaela Liest (at the NHRDA trailer) and I can add your contribution to the book. Alternately, you can message me on Facebook: Robin Ridgway, Lafayette, IN with contributions. Thank you and please spread the word.

Need a like button for this! Won't be hard to find anyone who knew him.

Thanks guys. I'd appreciate any suggestions for other sites to post on about this project; I'd like to reach as many people as I can.

I'm pretty sure we could even make up the most unbelievable stories and those who read them would believe every single word of them. LOL

We will look you up, Robin.

:) I posted in the announcement thread; hopefully it will get to people there? Thanks everyone.

Here's my Steve story: When he introduced himself at the finals awrds banquet a few years back, he said "I am a mason...the brick kind, not the funny hat kind."

I stole Steve's idea of putting all the NHRDA contingency stickers on a giant magnet. Works slick...I bought a magnet that is the same color as my truck. Steve gave me a hard time about it being such a fancy "upgrade" :)

And an even harder time about the fact that I bought matching color masking tape to get the magnets through tech.....

Hello everyone: I am new to this forum. I understand Steve Price "Bricks" used to participate frequently on this site so hopefully some of the people who knew him will see this post. I raced with Steve in the NHRDA and got to know him and his wife. He had a broad reach in the diesel community, both in person and online so I am hopeful by posting here I can reach the most people possible. I will be racing in Sportsman at NHRDA World Finals and am hoping to gather stories and pictures from folks that raced with Steve and knew him to put together in a memory book for his wife, Gail. If people will be at Finals, please come find me (in the pits...black CCLB 2001 F350) or Mikaela Liest (at the NHRDA trailer) and I can add your contribution to the book. Alternately, you can message me on Facebook: Robin Ridgway, Lafayette, IN with contributions. Thank you and please spread the word.

Thank you, Robin! I have a few from some that aren't on CompD but knew Steve well. I will message them to you on here or on Facebook. :)

a6e2yby3.jpg

Reading through DP Aug 2014, I came across this pic. Man, it hit me kinda hard seeing it...........

This is a hard picture to see. I was in the other lane. Steve was a special person, a true friend, and a great competitor. Every time I think about him it hits me that we have lost him. I still can't believe it. There is a huge void in my life. I truly miss him. And to Gail, I share your pain and your loss.

Jim

Hello everyone: I am starting to corral all the great stories and pictures I got for Steve Price's memory book. If anyone has anything else to add, please post and I'll put it in the book. Thank you!! --Robin

Back