stock 48re for 05-07

Breedsrt

diesel and tranny tech
I have a stock 48re for sale for $1600obo. has 35000 miles on it. Nothing is wrong with tranny. took out and put a performance trans in my 06. Trans is ready to be installed. Comes with converter

Yes it should, you need to change the TV lever on the VB.

im in cleveland tx. north east houston area. i will ship if needed i want it gone fast!!! I need the cash. its a stock converter that it comes with

Yes he will ship the trans buyer pays shipping. This is my little brothers trans. I can vouche for him great transmission at a great price.

No it wont work for 03 they have different valve body's if the tranny is out of an 06 or newer 03-05 work together anything newer has diff style valve body and cant just put different valve body in it to fix it cause it has a special port

No it wont work for 03 they have different valve body's if the tranny is out of an 06 or newer 03-05 work together anything newer has diff style valve body and cant just put different valve body in it to fix it cause it has a special port

It can work, what is the special port you are referring to?

All that has to be done is take the TV motor off of this, and put in a different TV lever. I have an 05 48RE VB in my 97 with different VB electronics and a different TV and gear shifter. I am unaware of another port, but have been wrong before.

Well i was going to stick a built up tranny i got in my 07 but the tranny is for an 04 and i called to get right vb and they told me you can't do it cause there isnt a place for plugs on the older tranny for new style vb 06 and up is what they told me but they said i could take most of my internals out and switch them over

Well i was going to stick a built up tranny i got in my 07 but the tranny is for an 04 and i called to get right vb and they told me you can't do it cause there isnt a place for plugs on the older tranny for new style vb 06 and up is what they told me but they said i could take most of my internals out and switch them over

The new(05+) 48Re have a TV motor mounted on the side of trans case.
The port they are referring too probably is that there aren't any spots to mount the TV motor on the older cases.

zstroken is right. it has two holes for the bolts on the electronic tv. thats the only difference. it will work on an earlier model truck.

How about a list of mods to the truck this trans has had to put up with so we might guess the condition it is in. I am very interested but if I am buying a core, it's a little steep still. Has it been drag racing, pulling, etc? Towing and if so, what? My trans has 32000 miles and has already been freshened and a new convertor, shafts, 2nd gear band, etc. And I did that long before any turbos, injectors, etc. Not trying to be a b***h, just trying to know what is being sold, that's all. A lift pump, air intake, exhaust and a smarty had my stock trans on it's knees!! Please let us know, thanks.

Back