Stock 4x4 pulling in 2wd

underpowered

I have a Ford super duty 7.3l 4x4 rag cab rag box. The local stock class rules say weighs must be in the box so I thought it might be worth trying 2wd. But they won't allow traction bars or suspension stops. So would it be worth trying 2wd or would it just have tons of axle wrap?

Ok well I have an idea to get to the 8500bl limit and get most of it in front of my front axle. Build a heavy off-rad bumper.
Thanks for the help oldest of 11

2wd is always better. Remove front driveshaft as well, less rotating weight to slow you down.

I have a Ford super duty 7.3l 4x4 rag cab rag box. The local stock class rules say weighs must be in the box so I thought it might be worth trying 2wd. But they won't allow traction bars or suspension stops. So would it be worth trying 2wd or would it just have tons of axle wrap?

You need a transfer case delete.

2wd is always better. Remove front driveshaft as well, less rotating weight to slow you down.

Once the front wheels lift off there is way less rolling resistance.

Last edited:
You need a transfer case delete.

Id keep the t case if it was me.. just for more gear selection..

Once the front wheels lift off there is way less rolling resistance.

Less rolling resistance, but also less steering haha Trick is to just pull the left front tire and keep the other one just barely in the dirt.

On another note I doubt i would want to try a 2wd without some form of traction bars.. I could see a bent frame in your future without them...

Last edited:
Back