Stock CP3 vs. Modded ???

KillerQuad

M. Tyler Moore
I was just curious if someone can tell me how far you Can push the stock CP3 as far as HP goes and also how far the MODDED ones can be pushed..??

In the same breath is there a down side to the Modded CP3s ...???

Not wanting to go DUALS thats all ...

well, I have seen a stock CP3 handle 570 hp range. not the norm though. with a good stack you can drain your rail. you need a good lift pump system then look at upgrading you CP3. if the person moddong you pump knows what the hell their doing you won't be able to tell the difference except for the HORSEPOWER!!!!$.02

Last edited:
The stock cp3 won't even support stock injectors on a 04.5. You can see where the rail is draining on the dyno graph. I got one of the first Floor It stage I cp3 from Wade at NGM over a year ago and my graph smoothed out and looks like it should. The truck has better throttle responce and just runs better.

Mine did 613 on a stock cp3 and stock injectors. Although I must admit, it does not appear to be the norm. Most top out around 575-600 HP.

mines still the stocker for now. its really time to upgrade for me though.

Mine did 659 on a stock cp3. Stock injects too. I agree with lmills, it's not the normal.

I would get dual pumps. They rock...

Modified CP3 pumps are much better for hp. Stage 2 pump have been very nice for more hp but the Stage 3 pump ROCKS!

Anyone experimented with the DIY CP3 Mod that was put out on the relentless forum? I just did it last weekend, seemed pretty straight forward. Haven't Dynod or been to the track since I've done it though.

mod works good. 600 plus hp with stock CP3 and stock sticks??!!! is this dyno proven hp? I have been way off on my calculations if we have trucks doing these numbers out there. I think I have been ripping people off selling stage 3 pumps and stuff. If anyone has a dyno graph on one of these claims, please post it. I want to try to achieve this myself to rub it in the Brand "x" guys here in Houston.:pop: :pop: :pop:

The stage II industrial injection CP3 pump will support in excess of 900 hp, and in all probability a 1000, this is easily verifiable from the extensive Data logging abilities of Project X Diesel. At 900 hp the rail pressure is 26,800 psi and dose not drop.

I would like to know how some people are extrapolating that the rail is drained from a dyno sheet. What data are you using besides a educated guess.

I am sure that with a stage III pump and something bigger then 100hp street / tow injectors this Industrial injection set up will on a single high volume efficient turbo and single pump make in excess of 1100 hp, and possibly more. I believe in the efficient using the available fuel, and not wasting any part of this is the best way to achieve this goal .

Greg, How do you know it will bust 9 bills on fuel when nobody has come close to that with a single cp3?

Timbeaux38 said:
Greg, How do you know it will bust 9 bills on fuel when nobody has come close to that with a single cp3?
Answer Timmay is: *nx*

Greg what did you dyno on fuel only? 6**?

760's on fuel

I don't subscribe to fuel only vs. what ever, its just power

The added power of the second stage of nitrous is probity closer to 100 hp in that the 1/8 mile ET dropped from 7.65 to 7.32.
At the 7.65 number the hp was 863 on one .125 jet of nitrous on a single stage II cp3

sootman said:
mod works good. 600 plus hp with stock CP3 and stock sticks??!!! is this dyno proven hp?

How else would I prove it? With a G-tech???? Or the ole buttometer???? LOL Of course it was dyno proven. I did it almost 2 years ago with my 05 truck at our regional TDR event. Bully Dog Downloader and TST stack on stock injectors and pump. Another truck has since laid down 575-580 on the same set up. The only real diffeerence was he had a silver bullet and I had PDR twins.

seen some stockers start to drain the rail w/ an agressive box... seen others run a box and injectors.

I guess some are better than others. put a rail gauge on it and hope you got a good one :D

Forrest Nearing said:
seen some stockers start to drain the rail w/ an agressive box... seen others run a box and injectors.

I guess some are better than others. put a rail gauge on it and hope you got a good one :D
you got it. :D

Well ... im looking at II for quite a bit of stuff...

But the Build sheet for me looks like this right now...

Sun Coast STG. 4 (I guess you could call it)
ATS Manifold
II Silver 62 or 64 .... (Leaning toward 64 but i dont plan on STUDDING)
SMARTY stacked w/ TST (TST and Danville Performance will be the 2 helping me with the tuneing)

Now im looking for the CP3, i want to stay SINGLE (incase i want to jump in competitions with the Duels they throw me in a bigger class) ... I think im going to do the HOLLEY 150 pump ... (up for good QUIET suggestions here too) ... I was also wanting to see what i could pull out of my STOCK Injectors... I might, Maybe, put 50hp injectors in it but i dont really want too ... wanting to keep it as easy as possible, "KISS" if you will, cause my truck is a DAILY Driver, Trailer Puller, Grocery go getter, gotta last 300K with very little issues ....

Im up for all suggestions from any of the people that know more than me ... UMMMM ... Everyone .... :doh:

COMP461 said:
760's on fuel

The added power of the second stage of nitrous is probity closer to 100 hp in that the 1/8 mile ET dropped from 7.65 to 7.32.
At the 7.65 number the hp was 863 on one .125 jet of nitrous on a single stage II cp3

Now Greg, that makes about a much sense as a doorbell on an outhouse. We are talking about a damned fuel pump and how far it can go. I would argue that depending on setup, #'s on nitrous can greatly vary, so the constant is fuel. Lets take the NOS variable out of the equation and talkey about fuel....

COMP461 said:
760's on fuel

Thats plain BS that a 7.65 1/8th mile is run by 863hp
only way that would compute out is in a 9000lb. truck

Back