Stock front hubs that dont turn or work

so it seems the fronts dont work..the hubs can only be turned with alot of force. any suggestions on a upgrade? warns?>:thankyou2:

vinsane said:
how do i locate thatw line..i dont even know where to start looking
You'll have 3 lines coming down to the wheel #1 is the brake line (very obviouse) #2 is the ABS lead, it looks more like wire(cuz it is) and is a little stiffer than #3 vacuum line which is more flexible. Be careful with the ABS line you dont want to kink it or pull on it.Follow the ABS lead up to where it connects up in the wheel well to make sure.

i put warms on mine. i love them. granted i have to get out of the truck to lock in the hubs, but i always locked them in anyways. the warns turn much easier and i haven't had any problems w/ them yet. the vacuum line is on top of the spindle/hub. not hard to do. just take the line off and put some caps on them (nipple going into the spindle/hub).

Whats the common failure on the auto hubs? Mine worked last winter in auto but not this year. Manual still works fine though. Would be nice not to have to get out of the truck and lock hubs.

n8ick, You might just have a vacuum problem.Check your lines and also check the seal on the back side of the hub.

If when you switch to 4x4 you only get air coming out the defrost as opposed to the floor when you set it to the floor......you have a vacuum leak as Jeepy mentioned.

i also had a vacuum leak.. but the 4x4 worked earlier in the night for me then i got stuck then when i needed the to work the failed and the hubs barely turned..earlier today i did the conversion and it was extremely simple...if you do it before you go out wheelin it will save you the trouble and of your buddy who is driving a dodge to come and pull you out

also the seal on the back of the hub was shot and both side were full of water and mud and one of the bearing was totally shot

I'll have to check for the vacuum leak when I get back from sunny warm Florida. Right now I'm thinking boats and beer, not snow and 4 wheel drive.

vinsane said:
i also had a vacuum leak.. but the 4x4 worked earlier in the night for me then i got stuck then when i needed the to work the failed and the hubs barely turned..earlier today i did the conversion and it was extremely simple...if you do it before you go out wheelin it will save you the trouble and of your buddy who is driving a dodge to come and pull you out
See I told you it wouldn't take long to swap and your welcome for pulling you out.

I didnt have a massive vacuum leak. Air was still going to the floor. Looks like its time to check vac. lines and seals.

Back