Stock Intake Horns

Duallydog

The One
I never noticed until one of my buddy's with a 2nd gen pointed out that his original (he put an after market horn on recently) horn was less constricted. We stuck it on my truck, the boot doesn't line up well, but seems tight enough, but we did't put any gasket seal on it so I'm guessing I'm not getting a good seal, I say that because the truck sounds like it has an 03 6.0 Powerstroke turbo on it.
My question is, who has done this before and is there a real difference?
The only difference I see in my boost is it isn't hitting as high which can either be less velocity because there isn't a restriction in the horn or I'm venting boost because of lack of seal.

you need a gasket (graphite, from Cummins) on both sides of the grid heater.

welcome to Comp Diesel

i did it to mine and noticed a nice difference.. saved 300 bucks too! lol

Got my truck back. It is a cool sound, but its one of those things that I know I need to fix. :(

i did the same thing.. i never really noticed any difference in the 2 but IMO i felt as if the pedal was a little more responsive

sounds like something I'd be willing to try out, good idea... I'll post results..

Ok, well, mine's done... Swapped with a stocker from a '99. I have honestly noticed a slight increase in throttle response, nothing major though. As far as fuel economy goes, about 0.3 mpg (hand calculated) increase. I guess every little bit helps.

That little gain isn't bad considering you were testing throttle response. :st:

Back