Stock location Steed Speed

diesel_importer

I bought the wife a used 2011 Mega Cab and have been building it slowly. I'd like to keep it a super reliable 550hp truck and I'm wanting to retain exhaust brake function. If we throw a Fleece he351ve on it, would it be worth it to run a Steed stock location manifold? There aren't many options and I like Steed Speed, anyway. Just wondering if anyone on here has ran or installed one.

I've been running one on my 2007.5 mega for a couple of years now. My oem manifold shrank and had a bad leak around #6. I'm only tuned and my exh brake has never worked (ecm issue only dealer can fix and they say its my tuners fault without even looking at my truck) has worked great for me I want one for my 12V that is much more performance oriented.

I bought the wife a used 2011 Mega Cab and have been building it slowly. I'd like to keep it a super reliable 550hp truck and I'm wanting to retain exhaust brake function. If we throw a Fleece he351ve on it, would it be worth it to run a Steed stock location manifold? There aren't many options and I like Steed Speed, anyway. Just wondering if anyone on here has ran or installed one.

Been thinking about the same option for my 08. I really like the exhaust brake on it. I know it's not a performance based turbo but it does what I need it to do.

Question I have is can you run a second gen manifold with the 351ve turbo. Never researched it but was just curious. Be nice to move the turbo forward to the center instead of down below the back of the motor.

Question I have is can you run a second gen manifold with the 351ve turbo. Never researched it but was just curious. Be nice to move the turbo forward to the center instead of down below the back of the motor.

No, the 351VE is a T4i flange and "2nd Gen style" manifolds are only available in T3 & T4.

Steed speed can build you a T4I second gen style manifold. I've installed a straight flange version on a 08 6.7. I wouldn't do it again though as the shock tower needs some serious massaging to clear the vgt actuator. The downpipe sucks to build as does the air intake and intercooler piping. Stock location steed speed ftw!

Steed speed can build you a T4I second gen style manifold. I've installed a straight flange version on a 08 6.7. I wouldn't do it again though as the shock tower needs some serious massaging to clear the vgt actuator. The downpipe sucks to build as does the air intake and intercooler piping. Stock location steed speed ftw!

Thanks for the input. Will probably just do regular steed speed

I've been running one on my 2007.5 mega for a couple of years now. My oem manifold shrank and had a bad leak around #6. I'm only tuned and my exh brake has never worked (ecm issue only dealer can fix and they say its my tuners fault without even looking at my truck) has worked great for me I want one for my 12V that is much more performance oriented.

Yes, there's an option in the ECM that must be selected for the exhaust brake to function, along with the High Idle. I've watched a buddy go in and fix a truck we had. It had an ECM replacement and the exhaust brake wasn't operating.

Back