Stock NV4500/5600 clutch good up to what power level

TrailTamer

Yes I'm serious on this question.

When my auto trans broke its input shaft, I swapped in the NV4500 so I didn't really plan and budget for the swap. I bought my NV4500 that came with stock replacement LUK clutch that only have 10k miles on it before his 12v broke and parted out.

I know at least 3 guys running either stock or stock replacement clutch with turned up power with success.

After I did the auto-to-manual swap, I was worried about slipping this clutch and I'll need to pull back the power via fuel plate. I was able to slip the clutch a little, maybe 500 to 800 rpm higher when it slip in 3rd gear and up.

I never got around to slide the plate back then the clutch apparently broke in and completely stopped slipping, even if I tried. My clutch have around 7k miles on it now in my truck, or ~17k miles total. The PO of my trans & clutch had his 12v turned up with DV and no plate also.

My truck's mods are in my signature, key power adders are#100 plate, 5x12 injectors, timing, AFC mod, 2095 plug, wastegate stuck closed. I can make it to push ~40 of boost, or ~50 psi of boost without the plate.

How many of you ran stock clutch with turned up power? How long did it last for you? What part of the clutch that fail, if it did?

My stock clutch started slipping with just bumped timing and either a 10 or 100 plate. It would slip once I got to around 30 psi. That was with 200k km (120k miles) on it.

Back