STOCK shortblock hp record....

B18B1LS1

What has been the highest to date? What has your truck done with a stock shortblock?

Last edited:

I think somebody on here done 1298(?) on a stock CR block.

"shortblock" leaves a lot of questions. 1289 on stock bottom, aftermarket cam and springs. Other than the head being off for a gasket change and the cam being changed, the motor has never been apart. Just crossed the 100K mile mark.

I would say stock everything from below the head. Did you ever lean on yours with a stock cam?

no, never gave the stock cam a chance. I pulled it when I had the head off the fist time at 40K miles and 700 hp

How come everybody wants their own record, how many threads must be started like this? Stock bottom end, stock short block, single cp3, dual cp3, single turbo, compounds, stock turbo, guy with one leg and no teeth record...........WTF!!!

In order to determine what the limits of each OEM part are?

How come everybody wants their own record, how many threads must be started like this? Stock bottom end, stock short block, single cp3, dual cp3, single turbo, compounds, stock turbo, guy with one leg and no teeth record...........WTF!!!

Chalk it up to racing.......every racer will always try to optimize his or her combination, scatch and paw every last hp from a particular combo.......thats what racing is about. A challange each trip out. Not every one has the same budget as the next guy so you do what you can with what you have. I am one of them with a completely factory bottom end....cam and all. My times and weight says im just north of 800 i believe... tuning the truck to use every hp is a big part of it also.
Ryan

dude.

just

dude.

Right now, on my block, I have the fastest blue Cr dodge.

I know of a vp44 truck stock bottom end stock pump 905hp on the juice.

i did 740 with stock everything in the block.only had 60 lb spring and locks. good old 12 valve with 175000 on the clock

I'm just curious really! I am nowhere near a record of any sort so that part doesn't concern me. Its just cool to see what these stock parts have taken and lived to tell the tale. I would think the 2jz is our biggest competition for a bunch of factory stock parts. The Supras were built as sports cars leaning towards "super car" potential though, while the Cummins are just farm trucks. Pretty cool to me.

Dont worry. When my truck hits the dyno it will be a record of some sort. Probably something like...... highest hp for a green on green, beat up 2nd gen with a rope for a door handle all under 2k. Yea that sounds good.

Mines all stock, Including cam. Timing cover has never even been off. 130+K miles. VP44 1060.2hp

I know of a vp44 truck stock bottom end stock pump 905hp on the juice.

i highly dought a stock SO pump truck has the ability to make those numbers. i have been wrong before but i am not so sure on that chris. i know adams truck had monster pump on it so if you got another truck with a stock SO or even an HO pump that did that number i would be very very impressed as that has never been done before. any more details?

I was there and saw them apply the west coast correction factor, truck really only made 12hp:shake:

I was there and saw them apply the west coast correction factor, truck really only made 12hp:shake:

ha ha whats up gary, cant wait for the rally in redding. thats where i will actually be making the shake down passes in my little truck. cant wait.

I did 1013 hp, stock head, stock bottom, stock cam, single silver bullet. Should have a bit more this year,, still stock bottome end

Kevin

i think i hold the record for the highest hp for a 02 qc white/silver 2500 with a diamond plate toolbox and 65000 miles

Back