Strange issue solved

yoda

I just wanted to share my recent finding w/ ya'll. I just put my truck back together after installing new bosch injectors w/ 45% exergy nozzles, motorsport diesel dp392 pump, hamilton 188/220 cam, pushrods and valve springs.

Once I fired the truck up the first time afterwards it ran like crap. I noticed that I had a high pressure fuel leak. So I took care of that but now had fuel all over the engine compartment. Once I fired it back up I had max rail pressure at idle. Had 7 codes: p2266, p0193, p2127, p0652, p0237, p0340, p0341.

I spent the next 8+ hrs cleaning all of the electrical connections on the ECM, cam position sensor, water in fuel sensor, and all of the other connectors that fuel might have gotten to only to find out that after all of this, I still had those codes.

After I spent the next few hrs trying to trouble shoot this I noticed that w/ the solus scan tool hooked up, my actual rail pressure was reading -15k and my commanded was 8900. That got me to thinking so I started looking into the connection at the rail pressure sensor and the harness. Turned out that my rail pressure sensor went out on me causing the pump to go full throttle trying to meet the commanded rail pressure.

I swapped a duramax rail pressure sensor in and everything was working correctly. It read 6800-7100 psi at idle for commanded and actual rail pressure.

I just wanted to bring this up in case anyone else has some strange issue like this and they couldn't find out what the problem was. Now i'm going to order a new rail pressure sensor seeing how I borrowed the one from the shop race truck (driven by dallas).

The sensor was damaged due to the pump eating itself up. There was a lot of brass/copper flakes in the fuel which messed up the sensor. No big deal, it was a little headache trying to figure what was going on at first. Lol

This cam seems to be great! I haven't started using the extra rpm I now have...I've been a little hesitant w/ all that has happened. I'm just testing things out right now to make sure she is ready for the race this weekend. Lol but I can certainly tell it comes up quicker now.

Back