Street strip build.

Little update, I installed a powermaster starter from summit racing. Also going to be moving my radiator to the bed and exploring options for plumbing. I also did a pressure test on my cold piping last week to find out two of my vband gaskets failed and the ID runner intake has a bad weld on the inside.

To be continued...

Ran into some more troubles today.. My intercooler does not let enough air through to cool the radiator. I think I'll have to do a bed mount at this point. Also after it got hot it didn't want to start back up and cranked over real slow..

Man that sucks hopefully everything is okay. Not to derail but I noticed you have stainless piping, did you use stainless v band flange for your turbo? If so where did you source it from I'm looking for a couple for my s400

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting to see how things work out for ya. I've talked with Weston for my build and a gt42 with some work from JEB seem to be the plan. Although it will be on a 12mm p7100

Interesting to see how things work out for ya. I've talked with Weston for my build and a gt42 with some work from JEB seem to be the plan. Although it will be on a 12mm p7100

You can't go wrong working with Weston. The little I have driven this setup I can say I'm extremely happy with my gt42 and the work Jeb did.

Well, I wanted to start back up my build thread again. I haven't lost sight of my build just had some road blocks and didn't keep the compd community updated.

I figured out my starting issues were due to the motor being tight. Thats where I left off with one of my last posts. Re-built the motor, got everything running and had tranny issues. After breaking a billet input and installing new clutch plates that was all ironed out. Made it to the track and rattled off a 10.61@ 128 on the 6th pass the truck has ever made.

Tube work

Some brake pictures along with some of the cage and back half.

Attachments

• 20170315_204028.jpg
    20170315_204028.jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 20170313_213215.jpg
    20170313_213215.jpg
    480.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG1064.jpg
    IMAG1064.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 0
Tow setup

Made the trip Saturday from central Wisconsin to braddyville Iowa to pick up a trailer.

Attachments

• 20170319_102828.jpg
    20170319_102828.jpg
    511.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20170319_070810.jpg
    20170319_070810.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 0
Btw, this build is for ya ppump guys!

Any more pictures of the suspension and or brakes? I have been wanting to build my own hats for these brakes lately. It's crazy how fast it escalates. I am closer to 5000 pounds now. What steering column and wheel did you use? Last question for today. Who did your steering linkages

Last edited:
That trailer is badass, I have a 2nd Gen 4*4 drag truck and have to switch out the front tires to load. Does it clear between the fenders?

No it does not. It has drive over fenders though and they have a pretty gradual slopes on both sides.

Back