Stroke vs Cummins

MoNos

Thought I would share...

So I was running some errands this evening and I happened to come across this Black, Crew Cab, Dually, Dodge Ram. I followed and he started to black smoke me. I pulled up next to him and gave him some revs to show I wanted to play. He yelled for me to follow, so I did.
We pulled in to a fuel station and talked...

He told me he knew I wanted to play so he figured I should know WHAT I was up against. He told me he Dyno'd 800whp. He popped his hood, showed me the 80mm turbo, Nitrous, ect. He had a 15lb Nano Nitrous bottle in the back seat. I told him "Cool, win or loose it's all fun to me!"

So we shot the **** for a little bit, and decided to go south of town to clip off a few runs. (Mind you he NEVER asked and I NEVER told what I had)

First race:
we ran from a Dig and he told me to take the hit. So I stalled it up and off I went. After I put 2 Busses on him till 70mph I clipped it, few seconds after that he comes FLYING by.

So he pulls over and says "Yeah, I wasn't expecting that!!"

2nd race:
So we turn around and lined up from a dig again. I DO NOT have a horn So I asked him to honk it. He honks it off and away I go. I put 2 buses on him again TILL 85mph where he stops my pull. At 95mph He is COMING FAST! I get to RED LINE IN OD and he comes SCREEMING past me like I'm standing still!!

So we pull over and he's like Yeah I need to do a Roll! He asked for a 30mph Roll, even though I suck at the speed, I said "OK"

3rd Race
He honks it off from a 30 roll. I stay with him till 65ish when he starts really leaving me. By 95mph he had a good Bus length (or more) on me and was still pulling.

We catch the next light I told him good race, his truck runs hard up top, ect. And wave good bye.

All in all, I bet he wasn't expecting a good race from a 95 Powerstroke!

Though I'd have to say he's got some Turbo lag!!

Here's what little video we got, KEEP IN MIND THIS IS A CELL PHONE VIDEO!!!

YouTube - 95 Powerstroke vs Cummins 1

YouTube - 95 Powerstroke vs Cummins 2

This is the BLACK DUALLY I ran TONIGHT!!!

Dyno day at Floor It Diesel. - Page 12 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum

A few of the guys that left early missed the exhibition run by the black daully. It laid down 850 hp, and 1850 ft lbs of torque on a single turbo. Pretty cool to see run.

IMGP0482.jpg

1995 Ford F350 Crew Cab Powerstroke Dually
- TS 5-pos Flip chip
- FPR Mod
- IDM Mod
- CAI
- Boost Fooler Mod
- ICP mod on a switch. Stock, 10k, 4.7k, 2.2k, 1k. (NEVER USE IT, unless I want to show off the 1K. Because on any setting other than STOCK it seems to SLOW DOWN my truck!!)
- 3.5" Downpipe
- ATS Tranny
- 4.10 Gears
- Snow Meth kit (90% water/10%meth)
- n2o Kit (.057 Pill) I've only used this twice EVER. Tranny DOES NOT like it!!
- LPG Kit (8psi @ Flow) hooked to a WOT switch

This is the second video of where someone comes on here claiming to have whopped up on somebody with these crappy videos. I cant even make the vehicles out. :umno:So Im calling BS on this. Im also a little skeptical about the Dodge who had 800 HP. This should have not been a contest in my book. So, before you Ford boys start saying Im another pissed of Cummins owner, no need to. Im a fan of the 7.3. Man all i have is a clutch and a Edge on mine and i have my way with most 7.3s.

Well... quite a few times I believe there are two sides to the story when it comes to Dyno Numbers and Street-able power. I've personally seen two trucks about the same weight, same dyno, dyno within 60 rwhp of each other (700+). Guess which one is much significantly quicker?

Personally coming from one of the least educated members on CompD (Myself) (sorry, apple doesn't fall far from the tree.) Do you think that a 80mm turbo would take about a year to spool? :evil

From the cummins Forum:
It has a custom spec'd 76mm charger on it. The exhaust housing had to be imported from Europe because nobody in the states makes one that size. John had it built to the specs that he wanted. As far as I know it only has a smarty and a boost fooler for tuning.

So I guess I was wrong about the 80mm. And I know he had a DR P programmer stacked w/ a smarty cause he was talking about it last night.

Yea most of my parts get imported from Europe, I just always install them wrong cause I can't read the instructions LOL

Well, he made that power off nitrous. Last night he said his bottle was off, even though he can just reach behind his seat and turn it on.

Though I believe that he didn't use it.

I have nitrous too, but i did not have a bottle in the truck during our run. Heck, i've only used it twice, tranny DID NOT like the extra power. I need to do some more tranny upgrades before I can spray my truck.

I say if you beat him off the line Congrats, you admitted he was coming on fast at around 90 and screamed past you, alot of guys don't build the best STREET rig with laggy turbos, if he would have been better setup it wouldn't have been a close race I think. But congrats anyway, win is a win, unless you cheated LOL

First of all, i haved owned a 7.3 and i'm proud of it, i liked the truck and it ran good for what it was, but they take a poop load of money to get them to make decent numbers, i have presonly raced a couple 7.3's and even a few 6.0's i had one 6.0 give me a decent run, but never a 7.3, mind you it was on the interstate and never froma stop, it takes alot for me to believe that you beat a common rail with a smarty stacked with a pressure box, even if thats all he had, it would be a 450hp truck compared to yours maybe making 400hp on a good day, i just don't see it, if the dually owner comes on here and admits it, then i will eat my words and apolagize!

Stop bashing the guy jeez! He said he beat him off the line,maybe the dodge was smoking his tires, maybe reacted slowly, maybe he cant drive, does the guy in the dodge drive around with his truck on KILL just waiting for fords LOL , maybe his dodge was running bad?theres way more things then horsepower, then when they were doing a roll the dodge pulled him, sounds to me like the guy got the jump on the dodge until the dually with a laggy ass turbo spooled and caught up and blew by, maybe it's all BS and someone made a new screenname with no posts just to bash on his truck, nothing is impossible

is it just me or is that black dodge runnin single wheels so "TECHNICALLY" its not a dually lol

This is the second video of where someone comes on here claiming to have whopped up on somebody with these crappy videos. I cant even make the vehicles out. :umno:So Im calling BS on this. Im also a little skeptical about the Dodge who had 800 HP. This should have not been a contest in my book. So, before you Ford boys start saying Im another pissed of Cummins owner, no need to. Im a fan of the 7.3. Man all i have is a clutch and a Edge on mine and i have my way with most 7.3s.

he didnt claim to whoop him he won in the amount of distance they were running. did you read the part where the dodge came screaming past at 90! the dodge probably isnt setup to street race very well its probably a pullin truck and dyno truck! Your common rail cummins can really beat a 7.3!! :bow: :hehe::hehe:

No I'm not saying you did I was just throwin out all possibilities, your cool with me

Back