Stronger engine mounts?

Cetane_addict

Has anyone modified/replaced their engine mounts? It just seems like those two little bolts shouldn't be enough for 1500+ pounds of twist down the track?

they are fine. id be more concerned with the rubber than anything.

I think there is someone that makes poly inserts for them. Mine had the bolt trying to pull its way out of the mount. Was starting to pull flatten the frame edge.

well, if they fit like junk, then surely they just might perform like junk.

you can do two things, both are really cheap (like less that 15 dollars cheap) if you have access to a welder , OR have a hole saw and a heat gun or torch.

1) remove factory cast mount with large rubber bushing. burn it out. save metal sleeve, purchase $4.00 plastic cutting board from walmart. hole saw 8 or 10 pieces out of it roughly the same diameter as the mount hole. now press em in like you are stacking quarters in a paper sleeve thingy. drill out center hole, heat and press metal sleeve back in. voila, you now have rigid mounts that will last forever. (you just replaced rubber with basically solid plastic) not recommended for daily drivers, vibration can be a bit harsh.

2) build your own brackets with a welder and grinder out of scrap metal (visit scrap yard, buy 4 or 5 foot pieces of 3/8's or 1/2inch bar stock ,3 or 4 inches wide) and cut and weld your own solid ones together.

both of these can easily be done in less than a day with basic fabrication skills out in the driveway, more if its snowing or raining.

Last edited:
I would be careful of solid motor mounts. IF you get lots of flame flexxing, it is transferred to the block.

x2, solid mounts are not a good idea imho in anything but the most rigid trucks.

It is on a second gen dodge. Those two bolts don't seem like much to handle the torque of a 3.0 truck. I was going to weld in a piece to fill the slider gap on the frame bracket. but was wondering if anyone was drilling out the entire mount and putting larger bolts in? The rubber inserts don't bother me. My main concern is that the engine stays valve side up.

Back