stupid blinkers

2141pete

Hell I dont know
I need some help with my blinkers. They recentley quit working unless I manually flip the multi function switch up and down. I changed the relay and still the same. I was set on the multi function switch but my wife was telling me yesterday that when I have the brakes pushed the rear blinkers stop blinking even when I am flipping the switch up and down, but the fronts still blink when I press the brakes and flip up and down though. All four hazard lights flash when turned on as well. Anyone ever had a similar problem?

Probably the mal function switch as they are commonly called. Brake lights go through it also.

Check! I need to see what the parts house wants for on then.

Those switches go bad all the time.....I replace one a month or so at our shop. I've done mine twice and one on my wife's Durango. Get one from Autozone as theirs carries a lifetime warranty. They are easy to change and as often as they go the warranty is worth it.

Those switches go bad all the time.....I replace one a month or so at our shop. I've done mine twice and one on my wife's Durango. Get one from Autozone as theirs carries a lifetime warranty. They are easy to change and as often as they go the warranty is worth it.

Thanks fellas! Autozone is where I do most of my shopping for that type of stuff.

Honestly I have put two in from Napa and the one from Autozone has lasted the longest so far and they have the better warranty....I buy from the dealer at wholesale and I still won't get one from them.

Thats crazy that you changed the relay and it didnt fix it. I had the same problem with mine... Bought new bulbs and checked each one and didnt fix it. Then I went to Napa and got a relay for 4 bucks and fixed it.

Hopefully its the switch.

Am I the only one wanting to make a stupid blinker fluid pun??

Have you messed with the bulbs in the rear any? I have seen where some genius parts guys gave a customer single filament bulbs and that caused an issue. Also the sockets in the rear lights like to corrode and cause problems.....check that stuff first but my guess it's the MF switch.

Back