Subaru diesel Drag racing!

Boxerdiesel

Hi all,

I'm doing my first drag race tomorrow night in Nashville TN.

I'm at 200Hp and 300LBS with a 2700lbs car.

Does anybody going?

attachment.php

Greg

Last edited:
What kind of times are you hoping for? I would think you'd be close to 12's depending on your launch.

Yes Pikes Peak the car was just barely put together then and the engine was in need of a ton of tuning... Now it runs SOoo much better!

I'm extremely curious! the launch is very good with the AWD! It takes off quick and strait!

Maybe 13's though

Greg

Last edited:
The trusty CompD calculator shows 201 wheel horse power to run 13.0 ET in the 1/4 mile. If your 60' times can exceed the calculator's estimate, you could dip into the 12's.

Dang that's a noisy little bugger. Maybe its just me, but I wouldn't be running running that turbo killer air filter.

Sounds awesome. I want one so bad. Are these conversions able to be registered for the street in the states?

Dang that's a noisy little bugger. Maybe its just me, but I wouldn't be running running that turbo killer air filter.

Sounds awesome. I want one so bad. Are these conversions able to be registered for the street in the states?

noise with a very short exhaust at the video time...

cool deal

Please let me know what is wrong with that air filter? I just bought that one real quick to not get dust but I know would like to upgrade.

Yes my car is street legal! it's very easy untill 2001 cars. after in 2002 they require OBD2 reading so then you have to ask for exemption which is possible. but like I said until 2001 it's butter through the DMV ;-)

Greg

If its street driven only, filter is fine. If you take it off road with dust and gravel, you want a better filter..

Oh ok. Yes I only use it on asphalt at the moment.

On a different subject I need to work on a better intercooler..

I was thinking about a water to air intercooler because that scoop is small and It would need so much speed to get anything cool down :-/

This one would fit pretty well in the engine bay

Long Flow Style Water to Air Intercooler

Last edited:
noise with a very short exhaust at the video time...

cool deal

That is true, but I was talking more about the engine rattle rather than the exhaust noise.

So if one was to find a nice little 95-00 impreza like yours for 3-4 grand what would it cost to get that engine in there? I do the labor but you provide everything to do get it done with ease.

Engine rattle is from the go pro catching only high pitch noise... This idle like a gasoline engine with no rattling. I'll get a true video with a true camera for you.

You can find Subaru impreza for 1k on craigslist all day long with head gasket ;-)

Subaru diesel swap cost:

Complete Engine $4875 Used
Racing calibrated ECU $1950
Miscs ( hoses, intercooler, clamps, FBW pedal etc...) $500

That's about it!

Greg

Well since I had an auto X today all day long I though I could pass on Friday's drag session..

+ A good friend was living town on Saturay so we did all the local brewery on friday evening:

Yazoo
Jackalope
etc...

Anyway drag is for next week and here is the video of today autoX in Bell Buckle Tn

Subaru diesel rally - YouTube

Greg

Hi all,

Just got together a timelapse of the build... Hope you like it! also please share ;-)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1MUmJ7IIB8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1MUmJ7IIB8[/ame]

Thanks

Greg

Back