Suggestions for intake plenum

LeroyVT

With my new twins :rockwoot: I am blowing the intake boot off the intercooler and have tried everything to keep it on. I am thinking of doing new boots around and a intake. Thinking that the stock is being to restrictive and it building pressure down at the bottom. What are you guys running AFE, ATS, S&B and ugh Banks? Looking for options. Thanks.

With my new twins :rockwoot: I am blowing the intake boot off the intercooler and have tried everything to keep it on. I am thinking of doing new boots around and a intake. Thinking that the stock is being to restrictive and it building pressure down at the bottom. What are you guys running AFE, ATS, S&B and ugh Banks? Looking for options. Thanks.

S&B Custom 6"X12" thanks to Sinner.

About 50 bucks shipped.

Sorry, thought you were talking about airfilters.

I do have a ats though.

Do you like it? I am assuming so, I am just lookin for ideas before I spend the cash. Thanks.

I would just do boots and clamps...I wouldn't waste money on the intake horn (if that is what you are talking about). $.02

Ya the horn is what I am talkin bout. You dont think that the stocker is to restrictive for the extra boost. I am just tryin to get as much air in there as possible.

I don't have much to compare it to. It was one of the first mods I did along with air filter.

I honestly don't like ats. I'd go S&B or something custom. JMO

Anyone use Vulcan boots? I saw BD has some and are reputable, I just havent heard of Vulcan.

I think I have Piers boots, their orange. Never came off.

I'd stay away from BD. JMO

spend your money on a better secondary charger, you wont see a difference with an aftermarket intake horn.

Pusher Intake.

acoor82 of Cummins Forum builds a fantastic intake elbow, he may be here as well. You should check out his products. Well built, great instructions and shipped quick! I believe the stock intake is 2" square (area is 4 square inches) The pusher is 3" diameter (area is 7.065 inches square).

24valve Pusher Intake Manifolds

:snoop:

So I guess boots it is and don't worry bout the intake. Sounds reasonable. Thanks for the input. Other than Piers and staying away from BD boot opinions?

if ur lookin to spend the coin why not go with a intake elbow. I would look at Glacier diesel air boss intake plenum and elbow. It would be a good combination to get some more air in the engine.
I run the CFM+ with the heat delete and AirBoss intake plenum.

spend your money on a better secondary charger, you wont see a difference with an aftermarket intake horn.

Well I just got this thing together a week ago so I am going to run the 3B for a while and see how I like it, but I am impressed with it so far. Thanks for the input tho.

the hx35 is your current secondary charger. s300g would be a huge upgrade to what you have. the ht3b (primary) isn't a terrible charger.

acoor82 of Cummins Forum builds a fantastic intake elbow, he may be here as well. You should check out his products. Well built, great instructions and shipped quick! I believe the stock intake is 2" square (area is 4 square inches) The pusher is 3" diameter (area is 7.065 inches square).

24valve Pusher Intake Manifolds

:snoop:

That intake could be built alot better for what u have to pay for it, if your looking for a intake horn then check with our vendor Joe Hellmann he makes beautiful intakes that put these to shame.

Back