Suncoast governor pressure conversion kit

cumminsbus

Reconstruction Era
Truck is sittting until I get a new governor solenoid and I was curious if anyone has had any luck with the conversion to a gm solenoid. Suncoast told me it would help with the 1-2-1 shift hunt, any confirmed stories of it helping?

I know DTT has gone to that style on their 47re's due to them being more reliable. Not to sure about the 48's though.

Truck is sittting until I get a new governor solenoid and I was curious if anyone has had any luck with the conversion to a gm solenoid. Suncoast told me it would help with the 1-2-1 shift hunt, any confirmed stories of it helping?

My truck is going to Garmon's tomorrow to have the tranny looked at. It wont shift out of 2nd when floored until I let off the pedal. I've already had my govenor pressure solenoid replaced once.

I did the Suncoast conversion on mine. And it fixed my shift hunt issue. :rockwoot:

A new gov solenoid will fix your issue. The update is supposed to handle more pressure/volume. They are @ $150.00 from DNJ but either will work just fine. A new stocker is "updated" so I suppose they had a bad run on parts but the new works.

Back