Super Diesel Side Pot

diesel_importer

Hey guys, I've been talking to some of the Super Diesel guys about having a side pot for the World Finals race. I have about everyone I've talked to is in so far (4-5 people). Here's what we're thinking: 1st and 2nd have a pretty good payout, but could always be better. AND it would be nice to pay out 4 places.

$50/racer x 32 trucks = $1600. Make it to semi finals, you're guaranteed $400.

Let me know if you're in, add your name to the list. If this sounds horrible, let me know, but I don't want 32 different opinions on pay scale, amount, etc, and we only have about a week and a half to get it going. Let's make this simple, worth our time, but not too wild that it scares people away. This would be the first time for something like this, if it works great, we could keep doing it.

By the way, there are 27 tech cards purchased so far in our class. Over 40 were invited. We only need 5 more to make the full 32 truck field, so get the word out!

1. Brett Duke
2. Brandon Carr
3. Verlon Southwick
4. Blane Reed

1. Brett Duke

2. Brandon Carr

3. Verlon Southwick

4. Blane Reed

5. Johnny _______
6. Larry Brown - maybe
7. JoshH - maybe
[\QUOTE]

Another way we could pay out is:
1st - 40%
2nd- 30%
Losers in semi finals- 15% each.
Example:
$640, $480, 240, 240

Well tech card is already payed but not looking good for getting the truck together in time now.

I may be stuck running the new tow rig completely stock in SM.

Well tech card is already payed but not looking good for getting the truck together in time now.

I may be stuck running the new tow rig completely stock in SM.

Jake im off all next week if you need a hand.. Planning to have trans back in mine by friday so my schedule should be free not sure what all your lacking but we can make it happen.

if i was running in the super diesel class i would definitely be in but my truck is not that fast yet right now im just running in the s/m class

I understand, guys. I think the 40%, 30%, 15 & 15 would be the best payout method. sweetens the pot for the winners, but everyone that makes it to semis still walks away with some cash.

Anyone know how to get ahold of these guys? Just a few from the points race in SD

Dillon Carter
Michael Dalton
Ryan Dubois - Does Ryan work for Rob, or run with the Idaho crew?
Oscar Cardenas

Got ahold of Vince Neiderhauser. He's planning on making it, if everything goes well this wknd.

Last edited:
I'm part of the idaho crew and work for Big Twin Diesel. I'm getting my tech cards bought today.
I'm Ryan DuBois.

Awesome! sounds good, guys. I like the 40-30-15-15 split, also. My main concern was keeping the payout good enough for 1st and 2nd, but still worth it for the semi finalist.

1. Brett Duke

2. Brandon Carr

3. Verlon Southwick

4. Blane Reed

5. Johnny _______

6. Larry Brown - maybe

7. JoshH - contacted

8. Vince Neiderhauser - enthusiastic maybe

9. Ryan DuBois - ?

Anyone know if Jim Layden is coming, or Ashley Alstad?

What about Amalee and the black/pink Dodge. She knocked me out in April.

If everyone else pitches in on this that shows up I will throw my 50 in even if I'm not running.

^^^^^ i'm with this guy i'll throw in 50 even though i'm not running in that class if it means more will show up and make the pot right for everyone

Awesome, guys. I don't expect that at all. I'm optimistic that we will have a lot of people buy in to this pot, but you never know. I just need some help contacting more people in the class.

Brett, I got your text yesterday, but I couldn't respond right way and forgot about it until I saw this thread. I'm for sure very interested in this. My only concern is what happens if no one in the pot makes it to the semi finals or only one person or whatever. How do you plan on splitting the pot if it doesn't work out nice like you're hoping?

My hope is everyone buys in, but that is prob shooting for the stars. I say we pay top 4 that contribute to the pot.

Let's put this scenario out there- If everyone in the pot lost first round, we pay racers with best 4 ET's. Simple enough. I wasn't really thinking about not having everyone buy in, but good point.

The pot is looking pretty good so far. 36 hours in and we have close to ten signed up, and 3 more pitching in.

I'm going to have a card for you to print, sign, list your truck #, and me initial for money received. I will be there Friday and Saturday, we are staying at the track. Winners will walk away with cash in hand.

Sounds like a plan!
I am all for the if you buy in you reap the rewards..
If you don't, you don't get squat.

Back