Super Stock Dyno

Ya I got them and have given out some already. probably give most of the rest out this weekend at bithlo mud races. What I was asking was the price for the dyno. I believe its $30 for the gamblers race to enter.

I hear ya - 25 hour workdays in the shop just aren't enough during this home stretch... our Thursday night in the trailer at Bradenton is already booked with a clutch swap, so the electrician has to wire the truck on the trip out to FL.

Did you get that new clutch in yet?

Peter

Last edited:
Peter, we were so swamped trying to get the Super Stock truck ready for FL that the tow rig didn't even get the oil changed before the long haul - good news is that now our crew will have time to install your new clutch in the tow rig well before our trip to TS.

I'm interested to see how much better Southbend's quiet new dual-discs are shifting & holding, although your 2 year old 3250 DD has met all expectations & still breaks the 37" tires loose on every WOT gear change... thanks again for letting us test the latest one!

So the race truck has a sponsored valair and the tow truck has sponsored south bend?

Last edited:
LOL Nice try...

Peter was kind enough to give LazarSmith a clutch for our silver truck a couple months back in appreciation for schooling folks on G56 needs.

Nothing to do with Dan's generous offer to give the owner of the Super Stock Diesel truck we sponsored their latest triple-disc clutch in return for displaying Valair's logo.

We'd already crammed a 6 month build schedule into a 3 month window, so the time constraints of our 90-day wonder were stretched beyond capacity when a few vendors' delays destroyed our work flow in the shop. :banghead:

Our heat treater "lost" or "forgot" our Super Stock cam and it didn't Red Label in until Monday evening, we broke a C4 toolbit in the head Monday afternoon & overnighted a C6 in so we could set the assembled head on the block to check the flycuts for the new cam Tuesday night... those are just the tip of the iceberg.

I decided Wednesday morning to halt work on getting the truck ready to make hits at the track & just concentrate on finishing the bodywork & graphics in order to honor our commitment to our co-sponsors... Bob seemed very pleased when he came over to check out the truck Saturday. :woohoo:

In addition to our regular workload (LazarSmith is always swamped with pre-season orders for project trucks this time of year), the four of us put in over 500 man hours on the Dark Horse just since the Super Bowl - they're a great crew & obviously up to any challenge that a man could meet. :clap:
Our trip out was quite the adventure, bouncing between drunk strips too much of the way, punctuated by occasional delays such as replacing $100 worth of unleaded with #2 in a desolate stretch of the Florida panhandle at 3:00AM... all members of Team XLR8R are now painfully aware that not all Green Handles are created equally! LOL

We needed the time on the beach after that ordeal although I had lots of fun. Was so tired saturday night I didnt even lay in bed just crashed on the spot. I cant wait for TS performance's event :D. And I will never look at a green handle the same way again. It was fun all and all though

Back