Super Stock truck build.

Less than an hour from my front door and I still haven't went to look at this in person. Stupid, stupid, stupid :bang

Just read through all 38 pages. Must say such a amazing build. Hopefully 2014 works out better for you.

Less than an hour from my front door and I still haven't went to look at this in person. Stupid, stupid, stupid :bang

Got to see it in person new years :drool1: the pics dont do it justice. Cant wait to see it run this time.
Thanks for the hospitality Chris. Hope to ba able to come back again soon.

Hello.. ello... ello... ello.

Anyone in here... in here... in here... in here?

:D Any progress updates, Chris?

Thanks. We are down to waiting on the new lighter valve bridges and also manifolds from Joe at HSP diesel. Other than that it is ready to fill up the fluids and start.

Previously, you mentioned you were going to engine dyno it before going pulling again, is that still the plan?

ive just had TWD on pause for 2 hours while i read this thread. Fantastic fab work and attention to detail. I can only imagine the hours you have put in the shop and the other set of hours you put in thinking and planning all the aspects. With the troubles you have been having I would have guessed your name to be of the clan Murphy. Nothing but bad luck!

the water you run in the heads, is that common water to the W/A system? Do you run a slip agent in it?

Again great build and awesome work.

/subed.

Previously, you mentioned you were going to engine dyno it before going pulling again, is that still the plan?

At this point it is not very likely to happen. We'll have to see if the planets align and we get a slot when we are ready. Our work schedule is getting booked up and we are about to be tied up until sometime in July.

ive just had TWD on pause for 2 hours while i read this thread. Fantastic fab work and attention to detail. I can only imagine the hours you have put in the shop and the other set of hours you put in thinking and planning all the aspects. With the troubles you have been having I would have guessed your name to be of the clan Murphy. Nothing but bad luck!

the water you run in the heads, is that common water to the W/A system? Do you run a slip agent in it?

Again great build and awesome work.

/subed.
Thanks. I get asked all the time about how much time/money goes into a project like this. Honestly I hate to think about it, I'm afraid that it would be discouraging to anyone else that is contemplating doing the same thing.
As far as our luck, I just hope that others will learn from our mistakes. That's one of the main reasons why I share so much info with the public. I don't have anything to gain from being secretive.

We run a water conditioner in our ice tank water to keep a little lubrication for the pumps and keep things from oxidizing.

Back