Super street suspension.. Coilovers?

CREED1

Throwed Off
Working on some bugs from the end of last year and the main on being rear suspension. Truck is 2wd single cab dually jeff princes old truck.. Rear of truck dana 70 with ladder bars 2 leafs and overload, bilstien shocks and a 33x16.5x15 mickey thompson slick. Had a few issues last year getting the truck to settle after the launch causing bouncing and loss of traction as the nitrous tries to come in.. I haven't had a chance to contact randy yet to see if coilovers would be permited instead of oem style shock granted we leave the leaf springs in place.. Tryin to stay within super street rules. Also thought if no coilovers then maybe trying a ranch 9000 adjustable shock with more rebound etc.

It doesn't say anything about shocks. Just no back halve 4 link etc. so I figured if it has a leaf and your ladders it should pass. I wouldn't have asked and just shown up. Now you get everyone's attention so they can ***** and moan if they don't like the idea. Lol

Lol my luck is **** as it is i dont wanna drive 4 plus hours to a damn race in be told pro street or none.. If it was any local race i probably would have just shown up an try fly under radar

If the rear shocks aren't adjustable id get a set of double adjustable so the rear doesn't unload as quick.

Chris are the you running a 3 link ladder bar? If so you are already not in class rules.

You can run coil overs. Has to be stock frame no 3 or 4 links allowed. If your running a 2 link ladder bar setup then you are good and can run coil overs. This is according to the conversation JJ and I had last season.

2 link ladder bars jake so it should pass was just curious on the coilovers $300 for some rancho 9000 s or a lil over 500 for some coilovers with way more tunablily. Scott kinda thinking the swb is helping alot in the hooking department of the swb dually and weight transfer. This one being lwb might be a little different as well as heavier and more power.

I would go QA1 double adj front and rear. I finally did on my truck and I love it. I still haven't gotten it perfect, but it's awesome on the street too. My truck finally rides good on these horrible FM roads.

What is a 2-link ladder bar?

Otherwise called traction bars. Single link to the frame and a single link to the axle.

tractionbars1.jpg

3 link has 2 links at the axle and one to the frame. (Not the pan hard bar)

LadderBack3L.jpg

I know of a couple trucks running coil overs with leaf springs in super street. Basically working within the rules by running a single leaf but controlling the travel with coil overs.

I figured they're traction bars if only two links. So you cant even have a real set of ladder bars in SS?!?!

As many people know, last season we ran the stock leaf springs with stock mounting points and shackles and a shock with a coil.

This was just because the two coils were lighter than the equivalent leaf springs. As it turns out we cut out too much weight anyways, and if I have the time I may just cut some of our ballast weight out and add a leaf back in.

Some days this racing thing feels like digging a hole just to use the dirt to fill in a hole you dug yesterday.

I figured they're traction bars if only two links. So you cant even have a real set of ladder bars in SS?!?!

yeah it is a bit of a challenge for the 2wd guys for sure. I plan on going the route Rob mentioned hence the discussions with JJ last year.

I see no issues with a (3) link ladder bar setup as long as the factory frame rail remains in-tact and at least (1) leaf spring per side remains.

With a leaf, there is no need for a panhard bar.

I'm not NHRDA so my opinion is just that.

I see no issues with a (3) link ladder bar setup as long as the factory frame rail remains in-tact and at least (1) leaf spring per side remains.

With a leaf, there is no need for a panhard bar.

I'm not NHRDA so my opinion is just that.

I do if they run floaters.

Otherwise called traction bars. Single link to the frame and a single link to the axle.

tractionbars1.jpg

3 link has 2 links at the axle and one to the frame. (Not the pan hard bar)

LadderBack3L.jpg

While I understand what you're saying, are you sure that's how it's classified and not by modifying factory frame? I haven't read the rules yet, just popped in my head that the GDP bars actually have 2 attachments at the axle which would make them null and void for use correct?! (see pictures)

_1301518315_zps3e20966d.jpg

_1301518331_zpsb2a9deba.jpg

This is an honest question to just be clear.

Back