superduty A/C

9 LIVES

Demolition Expert
I've had the Cummins conversion done for years on my 2001 f-350. Ive never hooked up the A/C for fear of how much its going to cost. I know that the last 3 work trucks I've brought to my local ac shop have all been between $900-1300 to fix ac issues. What is involved and how much have you guys spent to hook ac up to a 12v in a super duty? I'm not certain but I'm 50% sure my compressor is more then likely no good. I bought a couple years ago the ac manifold from fordcummins . So is it a matter of just splicing two new lines? And filling it with freon? What wiring needs to be done?

As long as your pcm is reading a taxh signal..I just hooked my high side and low side sensors off my ford harness in,in their respective spots..got a guy to make a hose from the ford and dodge manifolds($120) went to auto parts house bought a bottle of oil (dodge AC comp oil) 9oz for my truck..dumped oil in the accumulator..which I replaced ($75) and hooked all lines up with new o ring ($5) from parts store..started truck up on high max AC and started filling with store bought r134 WITHOUT stop leak..my truck calls for 43oz I put in 36oz plus the 9oz oil mix and called it good..AC blows ice cold.

Back