Swapping a 12valve into a 24valve chassis...

angelic0-

How hard is the swap electronic wise ???

I swapped this very same 12valve into a 5.9 gasser half-ton and it was just plug & play..

Truck i'm swapping into is a 01' 3500 DRW, 24valve QCLB...

Truck i'm taking stuff from originally is a 96' 2500 SRW, 12valve CCLB...

I have all the electronics, but i really wanted to make a "holy grail" truck from this.... keeping the interior and everything from the 01'

Last edited:
What you are wanting to do is very straightforward. The interface differences will require the ECM from the 12 valve, and an interface to the BCM of the newer truck.

Just sit down with the schematic for both and you will easily identify the circuits from the ECM to the BCM that are needed. 20 minutes with a soldering station and the wiring will be done.

If you have the security system, that will die during the transition as there is no way to communicate back to the 12 valve ECM that you want to disable the fueling solenoid and shut down the engine. But, those security systems are garbage anyway, so just eliminate the thing during the conversion.

12v doesn't have an ecm. Easiest way is a 98 12v pcm and harness.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

All i have is the 96 PCM and harness...

Truck i'm swapping into is a Automatic transmission, i will be swapping a 5speed...

What you are wanting to do is very straightforward. The interface differences will require the ECM from the 12 valve, and an interface to the BCM of the newer truck.

Just sit down with the schematic for both and you will easily identify the circuits from the ECM to the BCM that are needed. 20 minutes with a soldering station and the wiring will be done.

If you have the security system, that will die during the transition as there is no way to communicate back to the 12 valve ECM that you want to disable the fueling solenoid and shut down the engine. But, those security systems are garbage anyway, so just eliminate the thing during the conversion.

Wow. I wish you'd been around when I did mine. We'll just call you the "12V ECM Whisperer".......:bow:

SEARCH. It's here.........

Back