swapping nightmare

cummin95

Concrete King/Welder
Ok so I decided to swap my truck from a manual to auto using a built 48 and it started out good due to getting most everything from just heads up trade but it was from a 06. Since that I've had to go through wiring harness Hell. With the help of a few fellow members I was able to find the tranny harness I needed but now I'm being told I need a body harness for a auto because my truck won't take the new flash from smarty to accept the auto.

Is there any other years besides 04.5 harness I can use to get this done. It's the harness that goes from the fuse block under the steering column through the fire wall and runs to the motor and the other fuse panel in the engine compartment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

No help fellas? I tried for hours to search here and other forums. Can't find much?

Need to make sure your ecm will accept auto calibration... Some manual trans ecms won't take auto files... Check your ecm PN# and see if its compatible.. Had to go through this on a conversion I did at work..

Galaxy S3

How exactly would I see if my ecm is compatible? Where can this be done?

03-05 harness vairly slightly.. IE coolant temp sensor, waste gate, ttva motor on the trans (for a 05) and APPS placement. When 06 trucks came out the harness was pinned completely different.. my question to you is where is your APPS sensor? under the battery or block mounted?

Correction: you swaped your dash? (I mis-read your post slighly)

Last edited:
My buddy did a swap like your doing and his ecm couldnt be flashed by smarty. He tried taking it to the dealer and everything. He ended up putting a manual vb in it..which is what I told him to do from the very begining haha because a new ecm was like $1,000.

I thought you could program down to manual from an auto, but not vice versa. Plus all the wiring nightmare, its hard to go. I am currently going from a 48re to a G56. You have any parts left from your manual that you wanna sell???

No man sorry I sold all my g56 stuff. I went from a g56 to a 47re and my motor started and ran fine without any wiring change or ecm change..maybe I just got lucky lol cause it seems like everyone else has ecm or wiring issues

Back