Sway bar disconnect, who would be interested in testing it?

randal07

another guy with a truck
I have done some searching for quick disconnect sway bar end links for our trucks and haven't been able to find any companies making them. I got bored tonight and came up with somewhat of an idea that is relatively cheap and easy. I'm wanting to see how much interest there is in this and if there is, i would like to see if i could get maybe 10 people to try it out and test it along with me. I would make the parts and send them to you free of charge in return for your honest opinions and reviews. I'm not trying to re invent the wheel here and i don't think its " the next big thing ", just got bored and came up with an idea that i think others may be interested in. Or, if anyone knows of a company offering quick disconnects for our trucks please post a link and i'll flush this idea.

What years? If for a 2002 I would be happy to try them. I am assuming for drag racing?

Ill be designing it off of my 2006 but there's no reason it wouldn't work on other vehicles with a sway bar that has the same diameter. It's more for off road use, I'm not sure what benefit it would have in a drag racing application. But if it does benefit for drag racing that would be great.

Rough country did it probably 5 or so years ago. Pretty neat for the Jeeps that we used to drive to the trails. We tested some for them. But I'm not 100% sure they ever went into production. If remember right they were making them for several different applications but I'm not sure on 3/4 ton trucks

Last edited:
317066_284736384884805_100000453376700_1147296_38405163_n.jpg

2006 Powerwagon. Stock suspension, traction bars, and clamped leaf springs, and sway bar disconnected.

Could just look into a Powerwagon sway bar.....

I did look into it and it's just not probable. The motor that controls the disconnect references wheel speed, differential lock, transfer case position among other various sensors. And the cost to convert wouldn't be cheap, it's a separate harness run off the tipm and and it requires the power wagon programming.

No one interested? Just to be clear, I will be testing this out on my truck first for a few months to make sure it is safe before anything is sent to anyone else to be tested. I'd just like to have a few other people test it as well, as everyone has different driving habits.

No investment on our end? I would mine doesn't see a lot of hardcore off-road but it no pavement queen.

Sent from my iCrap

You can bypass all the electronics. It's been done already. Look into powerwagonregistry.org

There is a couple threads in how to do it.

Stock or aftermarket suspension?

Stock or aftermarket sway bar end links?

I would be interested

I'd test a set for you if you're still looking for testers. I'd be happy to do it before you have even tested very long on your own truck. Nothing catastrophic happens if a link breaks. Broke a stock one a while back, truck just doesn't corner as well at speed with the link broken.

Count me in! It sounds like a good idea from what i've read. Lol.
I have an 04 so it's all the same.
I do have a lift tho.

Back