swirl in a diesel

I spoke with Dave today (Passenger) he has the numbers, but is hammer down in the shop until after Christmas.

I think having the right person port the head is more important than the flow number. Greg(ZZfab) wasn't cheap, but I'm very happy with the way it runs and would use him again in a heart beat.

Ron, Did you pick up a substantial amount of Hp with a good port job? Or more so a better Hp/tq curve?

I think having the right person port the head is more important than the flow number. Greg(ZZfab) wasn't cheap, but I'm very happy with the way it runs and would use him again in a heart beat.

Years ago I saw the pile of shavings left over from a 24v head in his shop, impressive to say the least. Heck of a nice guy too.

Ron, Did you pick up a substantial amount of Hp with a good port job? Or more so a better Hp/tq curve?

Both of these dyno sheets are with the same turbos and injectors. The sheet with 3 runs and all the rpm and torque numbers written in is from the 6.7 at 22 deg of timing. The blue line(lowest peak power) is with the tc unlocked. green line(medium power) is with no braking at start. Red line(highest peak) is with Chris using the brake at the start of the run and then releasing it when I start.
Second sheet is runs made at 26 deg with the 5.9 and no braking. Power was higher consistantly(i was trying different dv's) but compare the power between 2250 and 3000 rpm between the green line on the 6.7 sheet and any of the lines on the 5.9 graph. That's about as good of a comparison as I can give. It does run lower egts across the board too.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 0
Both of these dyno sheets are with the same turbos and injectors. The sheet with 3 runs and all the rpm and torque numbers written in is from the 6.7 at 22 deg of timing. The blue line(lowest peak power) is with the tc unlocked. green line(medium power) is with no braking at start. Red line(highest peak) is with Chris using the brake at the start of the run and then releasing it when I start.
Second sheet is runs made at 26 deg with the 5.9 and no braking. Power was higher consistantly(i was trying different dv's) but compare the power between 2250 and 3000 rpm between the green line on the 6.7 sheet and any of the lines on the 5.9 graph. That's about as good of a comparison as I can give. It does run lower egts across the board too.

Forgot the flow info for the head.

Intake

LIFT CFM

.200 192.6

.300 256.8

.400 260

.500 266

.600 272

Exhaust

.200 205

.300 251

.400 280

.500 284

.600 288

RonA

Forgot the flow info for the head.

Intake

LIFT CFM

.200 192.6

.300 256.8

.400 260

.500 266

.600 272

Exhaust

.200 205

.300 251

.400 280

.500 284

.600 288

RonA

And what max valve lift is achieved with the cam?

Don't look at JUST valve diameter when changing valves but look at the valve design as well along with how you cut your seat, throat and top cut areas, and valve heads to improve flow at all lift incriments. Remember relieving the valve by decking the head will sometimes hinder your divergent side of the intake tract and rob power.

Back