switching jettas need advice

tater_thrower76

i have an '06 tdi w/ dsg, it has a kerma tune off my qloader
i just bought a '03 tdi, 5 speed, has SB clutch, injectors, hybrid turbo and a cheap lil grey box with red stripe on it?
im planning on switching q loader over to 03 and installing taller 5th gear, and switching out for an 11mm pump and head studs, maybe o ringing head and P&p and a cam

my question of concern is right now it runs great down low, but when you get in 4th or 5th it becomes "doggy", lil power, barely hit 80 mph, my personal opinion is it needs a boost fooler on it of some sort,?
i plan on get kerma on it by end of next week, but just wanting everyones opinion on it, the build souund good? add anything? suggestions on fixing it til then?
i do have a boost fooler i bought for 06 and never installed, its going on this weekend

Have you checked for oil in the charge air piping? The intercooler on mine had about a quart in it :bang

Send a message to Matt whitbread. You might be able to help you out. Whitbread is his screen name

Don't change head studs. Some engineers over at TDICLUB found that the original "stretch-type" stretch bolts do not stretch when installed to factory torque. Contrary to the Bentley manual, you can either re-use the original head studs OR treat them as one-use fasteners and increase the torque.

The reason to avoid ARP head studs is that they don't stretch with the motor when it gets very hot. If you're going to drive hard it's much better to use the original head studs at higher torque.

I agree that head studs are not needed. Also unless you plan on mostly interstate driving above 70mph I wouldn't bother with the 5th gear mod. It sounds like it is already set-up pretty well, I would just stick with a kerma tune and do an EGR delete. You won't need a boost fooler with if you go with a tune, although you may need a 3bar map sensor. 11mm pump is also not needed unless you are pushing for 250+ hp, it would just be a waste of money.

Back