SWWI Pullers Banquet -Rules Meeting

245guytam

SWWI Pullers Annual Points Meeting, Party, And Banquet will be held at Country Gardens in Soldiers Grove
Saturday December 12th.
Rules discussion at 2:00
Awards to follow at 5:00
Open bar and appetizers from 2:00-6:00
Diesel trucks topics:
....Clarification on difference between billet and cast wheel in a 400 frame charger ---we currently allow a 63.5mm billet wheel in a 300 frame charger and only allow a cast wheel in a 400 frame charger.
....Hook point of hitches must be parallel to truck frame -meaning no angle on hook point
.....as of now I know our weight will change to 7500lbs and hitch to 24in
.....also allowing any rear-end but will not be open drive line
....only thing I'm unsure of is turbo. Thoughts are keeping it 2.6 and clarifying where the map groove is located or going 3in smooth boore or allowing both

Thanks, Guy -President SWWI Pullers
608-632-3178

I have no problem with the hitch height but the weight is to much to drop. I know i sure as hell don't want to throw 500lbs off every time to pull

I'd love a 7500 lb class. That much less to tow

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I'd really like 2.5 to allow the dually trucks to run up to 33" tires.

I am fine with doing lighter weight and hitch, only take 10 min to switch it back and forth. The TurBo don't care what it is.

First of all I would like to thank everyone for attending our meeting. We had a very good meeting and served over 100 dinners and all classes were represented very well.
2.5 Diesel Trucks
-will be allowed to have hood stacks and weight box
-400 frame turbos can now run a billet wheel with a .200 map groove. Only allowing air into the 2.55 bore.

2.6 Diesel Trucks
- will be 7500lbs and a 24in hitch
-any rear-end
-2.6 turbo with a .200 map groove that will be measured at the wheel not at the face of the cover.
-the od measurement of the map groove will be used and at this time we are thinking a 3.2
If anyone would like to remove their covers and measure the od of the map groove and let us know what they are that would be great.
What I am trying to do is allow most of the current 2.6 turbos to be legal

Thanks, Guy

Interesting, I assume changing the mwe wording in the 2.6 class is a way to help control hp levels and work with the hitch and weight change to limit breakage. Yet the 2.5 rule is opening the class up to make more power and create the potential for that same breakage in the 2.5 class? I would guess most of these trucks are not as shored up in the driveline department. Not trying to stir the pot, just wondering if this was considered.

Yet the 2.5 rule is opening the class up to make more power and create the potential for that same breakage in the 2.5 class?

No kidding. It'll be the next "2.6" class in a year two, prolly vote in duals next year lol :bang

2.6 Diesel Trucks
- will be 7500lbs and a 24in hitch
-any rear-end
-2.6 turbo with a .200 map groove that will be measured at the wheel not at the face of the cover.
-the od measurement of the map groove will be used and at this time we are thinking a 3.2"

It would take a 3.700" OD to encompass all legal 2.6" turbos of that cover style.

The point is not to include all turbos to bring the power down in the class.

The power on that style cover is rather even across the board, which is quite a bit lower than what was seen in PPL this year.

Back