Sxe 369 or twins???

Sootboots

Ballin on a budget
Question I have a friend with a pretty wild built 12v soon to be running an sxe369. Says they spool close to a smaller s300 charger and has been trying to get me to get one. The htt 66/71/13 I have has been fun but I want more. Never had twins and always wanted them but a single is a cheaper buy for me someone help me please

Go with compounds, so much more fun on a street truck, I've yet to see anything real impressive of the 369 on the forums. Its the fad of 2016

What are you asking?

Are you wondering if what your "friend" was told on the internet is true about the 369 "being like a small s300"?

Your 24v VP truck in your signature is the truck you are shopping for? If so, get a small set of compounds on it. vp and NV5600 does not scream high RPM, big single machine.

The 69mm sx-e is the new hot thing because it is shiny. It has a billet wheel, and a different looking compressor cover, and it has the biggest inducer S300 borg has offered. Bigger and shiny is more betterer to most diesel guys. On paper they are the greatest thing since rayjay. We have yet to see them prove themselves.

Twins!!

Take your 66 and put a 475 or ht3b under it. Build you own piping. Be about the same money as the 369.

Twins!!

Take your 66 and put a 475 or ht3b under it. Build you own piping. Be about the same money as the 369.

That sounds like a fun truck on an auto, I would think dropping the 66, going to a 362/363 and a ~471 would be a blast. since he's going to lose boost every shift.

Yes watch the PDD video of their small towing twins. The spool time of those things was very fast that equates ton loo it's of street fun.

96 3500 5x018 7mm dvs 62fmw

What are you asking?

Are you wondering if what your "friend" was told on the internet is true about the 369 "being like a small s300"?

Your 24v VP truck in your signature is the truck you are shopping for? If so, get a small set of compounds on it. vp and NV5600 does not scream high RPM, big single machine.

The 69mm sx-e is the new hot thing because it is shiny. It has a billet wheel, and a different looking compressor cover, and it has the biggest inducer S300 borg has offered. Bigger and shiny is more betterer to most diesel guys. On paper they are the greatest thing since rayjay. We have yet to see them prove themselves.
Sure they can be high Rpm monsters, high Rpm for a rotary pump anyhow. Hook a trailer on mine, and it pretty much lives in the 2250 to 3k Rpm range, just don't shift up!
J/K.
In all seriousness, twins, mine is a hot smokey pig with a bigger single, although in all fairness, I don't believe my turbo to be 100% healthy. Really hoping to see some customer reviews of the PDD kit, really think I'd be happy with something similar, just hesitant on the 369 part of it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Best street tow manual trans vp I ever had the pleasure to ride in had a 60/68/12 over a 475/87/1.1. Instant boost, blow the tires off at will. Could still pull 20k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best street tow manual trans vp I ever had the pleasure to ride in had a 60/68/12 over a 475/87/1.1. Instant boost, blow the tires off at will. Could still pull 20k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's closer to what I'd had in mind, these trucks just have such a short Rpm window, that I think turbo selection should be on the conservative side. I had been thinking and sx-e 362/68/.70 for a single/high pressure compound in future, but have lately been thinking a he351 for faster spool up, while still having a 4" outlet exhaust to hopefully help get rid of heat better. And was thinking a 472 instead of a 475 for the low pressure to aid spool as well.

Last edited:
Any of the 68mm turbine borg units just about with an S475 and your choice of turbine flavor will typically be more air than you need for most any VP truck. Add an e-gate to keep the high pressure happy with the small turbine and you have a fun truck you can romp on all you want.

Heck I had he351cw and HT3B compounds on my 01 several years ago and that was the most fun I had in a VP truck. 7x12 nozzles on stock bodies and an edge comp with those turbos. Had next to nothing in the whole mix.

Any of the 68mm turbine borg units just about with an S475 and your choice of turbine flavor will typically be more air than you need for most any VP truck. Add an e-gate to keep the high pressure happy with the small turbine and you have a fun truck you can romp on all you want.

Heck I had he351cw and HT3B compounds on my 01 several years ago and that was the most fun I had in a VP truck. 7x12 nozzles on stock bodies and an edge comp with those turbos. Had next to nothing in the whole mix.
My manifold is already setup for a gate, so being on the smaller side didn't worry me much on drive pressure. And that's what I'd been thinking, a vp truck can only do maybe 700hp of fuel, so why have 1k+ of air? Stay a little smaller on the air side for better response.

That sounds like a fun truck on an auto, I would think dropping the 66, going to a 362/363 and a ~471 would be a blast. since he's going to lose boost every shift.

My VP tow pig has a 364/HT3B setup on a manual and it tows great. Little smokey out of the hole but after that it's fine as long as you know how to drive.

What are you asking?

It is like you read my mind. LOL

Sorry for the delay I've had alot going on but I think I've found my plan. Gonna do a 351/475 kit for now and upgrade to a s300 later on. My next question is I have a set of 7x.012s and a brand new set of Cpp 7x.014s, which should I run in a twin setup

You'll need new piping when you decide to go to a s300 later. Sell the injectors and buy a better set is what I'd suggest.

If I owned a VP truck above 450hp I would pretty much narrow it down to 6x13 or 6x13.

Maybe add 6x18 into the mix assuming you actually need that much injector.

You'll need new piping when you decide to go to a s300 later. Sell the injectors and buy a better set is what I'd suggest.

He wont need piping if he buys a 3rd gen style S300 to replace HE351. Id just buy a gate for the HE351 instead of a new small S300, unless he plans on upgrading both turbos.

Last edited:
Back